A new setting due member Infraction

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bayu_inzaghi, Apr 15, 2010.

1. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

Hi guys,

I want to inform you all about a setting made by our admin.

It seems that hope90 has made a setting about members infraction, and asked me to inform you all.
    When a members is given 5 infractions no matter which reason , the member will automatic banned for 3 month.

So far the info.. Thanks for reading

2. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Thank You... However we still run into the problem of these same guys registering again 10 minutes after being banned... We are playing Cat and Mouse with these posters and when they are banned they just come back again and again...

We need a more reliable way to control them after being banned.............

Below is an example of the length these members go to re-register after being banned... It is very frustrating...

Hope90, Please help us

3. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

You're absolutely right mate, i too have informed this problem to hope90 and he replied to the site owners.
    They are well aware of this problem, and hope they fix this soon...

4. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Very good..... Thanks pisko68...... Fingers are crossed we will get some treats with the new server and possibly some updates/upgrades to the VBulletin version.

5. VindValker

VindValker Guest

thanks for the info...but i will wait for the final solution

6. nickbek

nickbek New Member

it's a step in the right direction pisko68. but when a member is warned ,and next thing you know there right back at it ,ignoring rules i suggest smods may be allowed to do a temp ban after 2 warns when it's clear member does not care about warns. 5 infractions gives certain posters to much freedom to keep breaking rules.. there is no reason for members not to follow rules and ones who ignore rules need a wake up call, most ignore warns as we all well know.We all have been here a while and some may have been mods/smods or admin else where so we have the experience and i would be a good idea if we were given some discretion in banning. far to many posting fake/false releases and phishing. all movie sections should have one 'sticky' at top of page in that section that outlines rules POSTING RULES ALL READ BEFORE POSTING . add to rules the warns and ban rules we have in place >http://www.forumdivx.com/announcements/755734-site-rules-posting-movies.html.. no excuses then

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Eh? I temp ban ppl for 2 weeks-1 month after I've given them 2 or 3 warnings.
    I wasn't doing that when I first started here, but after seeing the sheer number of members disregarding the rules and ignoring warnings I just went ahead and did it.
    I have perma banned the odd spammer here, but I assumed that was what all the staff do because we all have the ability.

The system I have always been familiar with (on another site as smod) was to warn a member twice, send PM's and ask for a reply.......if no reply materialised and the member kept posting stuff that had to be removed, we'd bring it to the attention of admins (us smods/mods had a special section to list members and give details of the trouble.......then admins would perma ban the IP).

After that, the problem user would never show up again, because we blocked all proxies.
    But we also blocked all of Vietnam, China, Russia and a few other countries.
    We also blocked ALL search engines except for Google and Yahoo......which reduced the server load quite noticeably.

8. nickbek

nickbek New Member

spammers perm ban. fake/false posts 3 month ban ,no warn . phishing perm ban imho,, posters who post 5-10 etc posts in a row or ignore warns and just keep breaking rules .. mod discretion in thoes cases

9. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I'm just a hard man.
    But I must admit I'm not all that hard on members here...........I mostly just remove their shares from the board (unless they're doing some seriously bad stuff).

I'm an arsehole.
    That is all.

Cheers :D

10. nickbek

nickbek New Member

as part of banning ,if a member slips up and is banned but all other posts are ok should we delete all there posts to.. ??? IMHO no. we are removing far to many good posts,

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Ok bro, I'm not gunna argue if it's right or wrong..........it's just the way I've always been allowed to conduct myself lol.

I've basically been operating the way I always have......using my own discretion.
    I know it sounds lazy, but I find mass moving posts much easier than spending hours trying to work out what needs to be edited and fixed, moved or whatever.There's way to much stuff to look at here for that.

Conformity is what I'm really concerned about, the less threads around that aren't perfect.......the less excuse members have for breaking the rules.
    Members with high post counts are the worst, as it is natural for new members to look at these posters and create new threads just like them, even if they are in violation of the rules.

No arguments.......thats just the way I think about enforcement.
    It's a tough job here, it's like an avalanche of mayhem thats impossible to stand against........and all the older posts need to be cleaned up still (which is virtually impossible to do atm).

As long as the cleaning of old threads is put off, there will always be problems being repeated here.

All I've been doing is trying to deal with everything as quickly as possible, because it's the only way to get things done efficiently imo.

Cheers.......and everybody keep up the good work ;)

12. nickbek

nickbek New Member

well i have never seen it necessary to remove all posts , if a member slips up, unless its one who's been phishing, spamming, posting fake/false releases , far to many good posts are being trashed and if we go on a 'rampage' in deleting posts , members will go elsewhere, each board is run different and whats good for one site may not be good for another.. its up to our admin