Another Solution to Sticky Mod Threads Give Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ulaeywk928ub, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

Hi I was reviewing the problem about sticky threads and most of them I agree so I want to give another solution this will keep the mods happy too and the forum clean.

It's not a new thing, we used it way back here at DT and I'm also sure most of you guys have seen it.

Indexing can be a solution to our problem. It's simple, clean and professional.

I've prepared a sample of indexing that can be used in my section this indexing post will be the only post that will be sticky and the mod should update this post if a new movie is xxxxxxxx or so....

I'll share it as a new reply to this post so mods can copy and paste the basic structure and decorate them as they please.

2. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

Last Updated: 28-12-2010

New Movies

Movies Index
    --A--

--B--

--C--

--D--

--E--

--F--

--G--

--H--

--I--

--J--

--K--

--L--

--M--

--N--

--O--

--P--

--Q--

--R--

--S--

--T--

--U--

--V--

--W--

--X--

--Y--

--Z--

3. nickbek

nickbek New Member

mods must realize there here to mod not post there movies etc.. some mod(s) are only here so they can post stickys

4. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

My honest opinion?
    Indexing is the same as maintaining "master lists" like some sites do.
    It's a waste of mods time to mess around with this stuff...........DT has a search function so I see no need for adding more work to what has already become a ridiculous regime.

Nothing is ever done about the huge problems this site has.
    There isn't enough time to do the things that need to be done.
    Why?

Because staff spend most of their time battling against a slow and retarded board, and trying to work out who needs to be banned (or whatever).
    Trying to use the MCP to check IP's and ID's is virtually pointless atm.

Nothing has been done about banning IP's of repeated abusers for as long as I've been here.
    And the problem won't just "go away" by itself.......it will only get worse (as it already has while I've been here) because most large sites have taken steps to deal with such problems.
    Therefore sites that don't deal with it become the obvious choice for these retard posters.

Vietnam is the main source of the spam/fakes/general bad posters who ignore any PM's, warnings or infractions that are handed out.
    You ban them and they just create new logins.

I think worrying about sticky staff threads is just something that admin has to decide is right or wrong.

Allow staff to do it and I have no doubt that certain mods will show no restraint, sensibility or maturity on how many they sticky.

Sorry if anybody is offended by anything I've said, but I'm not attacking anyone......I'm just speaking honestly (like I always have) about my opinions.

Cheers.

5. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

Very Nice I agree with you, So I think lets wait for the other guys and get their response and then We will implement the no sticky threads what so ever policy

thanks for your replies

6. Well..ý lýke the ýdea of INDEXING.

Y to stýck THREADS??

Because we upload wýth name of DT ýn lýnks.

ýf we dont stýck ,

then there's no need to post dt lýnks

as the thread whých u wýll create..wýll go 5-6 pages down ýn an hour due to massýve postýngs.

and one more reason

the threads whých we stýck are trusted , clean , spam free.

Well thýs ýs just my opýnýon..

7. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

i want divxturka uploads ...
    thanks for this ..

8. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

see that's what I'm also trying to say those two moderators might be competing against each other who btw are already advised not to do that. But the thing is they also upload for us with our DivxTurka brand name and it gets visitors for our site and improves its rank among search engines. I'm sure you all know its a part f SEO(Search Engine Optimization) & SEM(Search Engine Marketing). so when the users search for something they come to us first.

So If we give those mods who are uploading for us and doing us good too a little initiative that won;t be bad I think and Hope also agrees as you see.

P.S: And about the competing thing don;t worry they are already advised and if there are problems we will take care of it thanks

9. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

just dont stick you own thread,, if it is good enough it will be stuck

10. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

This gets back to the question of "When will a sticky thread be UnStuck?"

I have voiced this before and will do it again..... Why are posts that are over 8 months old still stuck?..... Why are older movies still stuck when newer/better quality versions are posted within the site....

I agree with the idea that staff/uploaders getting their posts stuck, but I do not agree that they should be forever stuck just because they are staff and/or uploaders..

Movies should be stuck for a couple weeks until the next new big movie is out and should take its place...... There are good movies out everyday and these uploaders could have stuck threads, but for a limited time..

11. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

if you go around sticking your own stuff you are saying that your stuff is more impotent, if i ever wanted to stick my own thread i would ask first before shoving it down every other member

respect for turka has been lost

12. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

I know everybody got frustrated with the ongoing thing but as far as I know they are hired solely for uploading purposes and with the uploader rank they can;t stick and that being already said only one sticky will be allowed and the users will be responsible for it. I mean modding and all. so I don;t think it will make such a mess

And about DT respect if they don't listen we are here to let them understand aren't we

13. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

to Sticky Mod Threads,
    cos they R working for this ..

may be DT uploads section i think it ..

14. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Why not:

Make the guests register to see the download links in the existing site sections.
    Remove the search function for guests.

Create a guest(or visitor) section and let staff post their DT uploads in the new section.

Staff who post in the guest section would be responsible for keeping that section clean and free of dead links.

And if you wanted to improve site rank again, admin could submit the guest section shares to somewhere like katz.

15. ulaeywk928ub

ulaeywk928ub New Member

yeah you are right but as you can see hope also wants the DT uploads and your suggestion is right we should make a separate section for it that would be very good and clean but again you know it has to be done by Admins and you know things are not that much fast at that side :)