any news on shoutbox ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by GEOPYT, Sep 24, 2010.

GEOPYT Guest

whats going on with the shout box and the avatars not working and don't forget the smillies

i know i just became a mod but it really affects the site as a whole

i know how to solve most of the problems with the site unless its maybe a server issue sometimes servers don't have the features you had before and that causes problems with things like plug ins products and add ons
  2. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Xanax knows all about what is wrong with the site and not sure if or when they [along with shoutbox] will be fixed

BTW...... Welcome to the Staff

GEOPYT Guest

cheers for the wolcome itsjustforfun

im looking forward to being a part of this great site

4. he will be mega legend if it will be fixed the sb was a great way of not only staff but also members to communicates problems
  5. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

We really need the shoutbox back, even if just for staff and trusted members only (a selected allowed list).

Using PM's all the time is a pain in the arse, especially since the PM storage capacity limit here is so pitifully small......and it's the same size for everybody.

Most sites (even small ones) allow greater PM storage for staff than regular members.

Edit: title fixed :p
  6. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I usually do not let the PM's get to the 150 limit, but once a week I move my PM's into folders to keep them organized...

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Your comment about your organisation skills is valid, but I still maintain that a limit of 50 total PM's (for myself as a moderator) is inadequate.

Other sites where I am just a member with no other status I have a minimum of 200 PM storage, and a few let me have 500.

Current status:
  8. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Any update on this topic or other issues atm?

GEOPYT Guest

well i could talk anyone through the install or repair of any part of vbulletin we really need the shout box back it was to big a part of the site ,the site looks bare without it ive got the updated version of inferno shout here and its easy to install and only one template edit is needed
  10. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

wolfens has coding experience and he's offered to help fix the site in the past.
    If you read through all the threads here in the mod section you'll probably find posts of his where he has tried to help as best he can.

Not much you can do if you offer help and nobody is interested.

Good luck dude :/
  11. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Most of the needed fixes should not merely be considered options. Admin should be spending every possible minute repairing these things. We can't work on anyone's account when their name contains a period or other special character. And that issue comes up often. deadlegion NEEDS more PM capacity (especially with the shoutbox not working). How long could that possibly take? It's going to get harder and harder to keep good staff on board or retain a large member base. Please fix this board!