Bad script on the board

Discussion in 'Archive' started by deadlegion, May 27, 2010.

1. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

There's a bad script present on the site atm.
    It acts as a trojan and operates via java.

You can block it with AdBlock Plus........and probably admunch too.

Code:
    chaosscone.ru:8080/cmbchina-com/google.com/nifty.com.php
    I won't be doing anything around here until I sort out how much of a problem this is........it has disabled many of the vB functions for me atm.

Oh well, no security is 100% lol

2. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Ya, no sb and i can't use any mod tools at all.

Block Russia and China if you want to prevent such things from happening to a site.
    And block proxies as well.

Well, all my pc's are fine anyway.........its just the board thats trashed, which isn't surprising given how easy it is for bots to access it.

Oh well :/

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I think DT's recent "slip" in reputation is more likely to be caused by such things as downtime, a faulty board and incidents such as this one where ppl would be scared away by noticing a trojan alert on the site.

Some serious action needs to be taken soon or the site will just get worse.......as soon as little problems are ignored, ppl that create these threats see a site as easy meat to prey apon.

Good sites have died simply because action was not taken quickly to prevent such things from happening.

4. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

And just another bit of info......I've recently noticed that whenever I'm on DT my hardware firewall/router gets lots of intrusion hits......and my IP blocking software is going mad blocking IP's.......mostly Russia, China, hacker, faker, ads, spamming IP's.

Thank God I block nearly 3000000000 IP's.......who knows how much rubbish some members are getting hit with if they have poor security :/

5. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

The button used to code links isn't working.
    Unless members now how to manually type BB codes they will be posting live links.

*face-palm*

6. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

ya.......how can we justify giving members warnings, infractions or possible bans if nothing works properly?
    I mean, we can access the MCP and stuff, but ppl will be making mistakes simply 'cos nothing is working properly.

What a mess :/

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Have any other staff besides myself and rowson noticed that the board is badly broken?
    Or am I just spamming my own thread to increase my post count? lol

8. nickbek

nickbek New Member

shoutbox just shows loading, no text .. thats about it for me

9. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

catch? do all of your inline mod functions work properly?
    and can you use the "quick links" tab to access new posts?
    Nothing is working the way it should be........even to just add a post icon requires double clicking on the "edit" button inside an actual thread.
    Thread tools, search function inside sections, forum tools and heaps of other stuff isn't working.

Maybe smods and admin don't have any problems because they have a different status group?
    All I know is that mods can't do things the way they should be able to atm......the board always had minor glitches, like avatars not working and little things like that.
    But now its getting serious.

If it stays this way all the staff will need smod status just to work efficiently.......its taking to long just to do basic stuff.......and it's not even busy here atm :/

10. nickbek

nickbek New Member

ok gone through all functions ,, same here somethings really screwed up .. hope90 is here a lot but XanaX is not .we need better communication between staff and admins.. i have been here a while and IMHO done a lot for this site ,but willing to hang in there till things are set right ..

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

ok, so its affecting smods as well then.
    Did you see my first post in here and have you blocked that script bro?
    It's Russian/Chinese and it might be a good idea to block it if you can.

12. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I am in the same boat as everyone else..... The Thread Tools to Edit/move/close... ect is unavailable as well as the rest like you guys say.... I thought there was something wrong with my side in the beginning...

I added the code to Adblock, but We need to get this fixed up ASAP..

13. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Yep, we most certainly do.
    If noobs post there's a very good chance their links aren't coded........unless they code them manually by typing BB codes.

D:

14. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Ok, here's another suspect script ppl may want to block........i certainly am 'cos I don't like the look of it >:-|

Code:
    highstate.ru:8080/google.com/google.co.hu/rmxads.com.php

15. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Keep forum save Kmarko ?!?!?!?

wtf? lol

16. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I've been blocking this since the first day i came here.........
    Code:
    www.google-analytics.com/ga.js
    *FART*

17. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

It Should be about time to crank up this new server and get the site back to normal... It's been almost 2 months now since the "New Server" thread was posted but we have had no updates since.. It would be nice to update/upgrade the VB with more security and mod tools so we can stop having these hiccups on a regular basis...

Personally I do not think the site has been running correctly for over 3 months and with each hiccup the result seems to be only getting worse and is temporarily corrected back to an operating site...... DivxTurka desperately needs attention.

18. nickbek

nickbek New Member

more than a hiccup.. as dead says fart .. boards a mess

19. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I think even a "Shart" would described better...

20. LynnePBaker

LynnePBaker New Member

All same problems for me also....cant do a thing on the board