Can anyone tell me why this guy was banned?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ladybbird, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

2. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I haven't looked at this particular instance, but if a member is temp banned their threads aren't all removed.

It's only a perma ban that requires staff to move all the threads to the garbage.

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I suppose it may be possible that a member is perma banned and a mod may not move all of his threads to garbage.

There could be a few possible reasons.

-just a mistake, forgotten about.
    -the board was broken when the perma ban was applied.
    -the member was banned by a newmod that wasn't sure of what they were doing.

There may be other reasons that I can't think of atm :/

4. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

But I cant see anything wrong with his threads, did you check that one that was moved into garbage?

5. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

No info/imdb in his movie threads?
    I'm just guessing and I only looked at the last movie thread he posted.

But yeah, the first page listing of his thread history is in garbage.......the others are still out there.

Go to his profile, and there's a tab for his last few infractions (he has had some and some are still active atm).

Both wolfens and catch have given him the last 4 warn/infracts (2 from each in this month).

6. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I saw the infractions but still dont know why, see what I mean? the rest of us are in the dark. It would be so much easier if we worked as a team, instead of individually. It would have helped me cos I wanted to download one of his set of links but when I saw him banned I didn't bother in case there was something wrong with them

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Yeah it's really hard atm.

There use to be way more communication when we had shoutbox........all serious stuff was by PM still of course, but it was a good way to just chat and then PM the important info.

Working here has become really clinical now, and it's hard to send PM's all the time about every single thing........I only have a 50 PM storage limit anyway, which is absolutely appalling for a mod on a site this large.
    You can only post so many times in mod central before you just give up really.......it just doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Meh, I need to take my meds now :/

8. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well yes we seem to be flogging a [​IMG]

LOLOL Nite nite xxx

9. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    The user was given a rest from the forums to think about their posting actions.
    They were constantly dumping posts to the one section regardless of what was being posted and had been given plenty of warnings for this, all nicely laid out in big bold red letters and tied up with a pretty bow. If they had been given any more infraction warnings it would have triggered the autoban anyways.
    As they are only on a temp ban not all posts were removed but all that were posted wrongly were removed.

From the infract system you can clearly see that they have been warned several times in the last few days and not only via the infract but also in posts threads prior to being given an infract, they have also been given pm prior to post or infract warning.

There is a reason that the mods smods do things.

10. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Thanks for the extra info wolfens, I was hoping you might see this thread and give some more info for Ladybbird.

We really need the shoutbox back so staff can still converse from time to time.
    And an increase in PM capacity is desperately needed by myself, I dunno about other mods.

I suppose you're still busy atm 'cos I haven't seen you around much lately?

11. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    Yes dead the shoutbox did at least allow us to inform quickly on such matters as a quick shout was being used for a while to inform a member being banned and why.

It allowed a quick means of communicating to other mods smods admins.

As we have discussed before with your suggestion of a private sectioned shoutbox even if just for mods to quickly and privately communicate especially if they do not use im systems.

Yep still busy atm but trying to get time to do work on forum, been managing to follow the bitch fest that has been going on so far.

Still hoping to see some much needed fixes and other things implemented around here to make things easier for everyone.

Yep the mods sure could do with an increase in pm box size.

I get on for a bit and do a good clean up and hope to get on more for a chat and catchup.

12. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

lmao

Oh well, you know me...........I can keep quiet for brief periods but I inevitably have to say what I think at some stage :p

Hope to talk to you again soon dude ;)

13. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

LBB, if you stop digging in the trash, as only a self-appointed mod inspector would do, you could get back to doing what you're supposed to be doing here.

If he was banned or his posts were trashed, there was a reason - no need to dig it up and ask questions about it. As I suggested before - PLEASE STOP DIGGING THROUGH THE TRASH TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT 'WHY'.

The mods here know what they're doing and don't need someone coming behind them to check their work.

Incidentally, you can look at banned users in the MCP to see why someone is banned. wolfens had banned w00t 90 days for repeated infractions. A constant repeat offender. When he joins a forum that you run, feel free to keep him around. But in Divxturka, 90 days was not enough, so I perma banned him (no offense to wolfens) amd trashed all of his posts. Enough is enough!

Again, please stop digging through the trash to try to find what other mods may be doing wrong. If they ban someone, it is only because they deserved it. And if someone asks you why, please tell them that you don't know why, but it would have been for a rules violation of some sort that they were undoubtedly warned about several times before being banned. We're not here to make boyfriends, we're here to keep the forum safe and clean.