Damn pop up ads

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Magma_Diver, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Magma_Diver

Magma_Diver Guest

Hey, I've been coming to this site for a while so far and i love it...
    but lately you guys been getting pop up ads in all the wrong times...like i'm trying to get to a movie that i wanted to download but every-time i do it sends me to another site where i have to back up but can't and i have to start over again...and this been happening a lot lately...do you know what's going on? and can it be fixed cause its kinda annoying...thank you.

2. nickbek

nickbek New Member

what links are you downloading from?

3. these links may be phishing links can u tell us what ones they are ????????????

4. When you're on this site turn off java. Opera works real well at this.

5. kukus dane

kukus dane New Member

he,s not alone,i too am fed up with all the pop-ups lately,so much so that i visit only occassionly now.THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE ARSE.

6. nickbek

nickbek New Member

ok 2 topics here Magma_Diver,, you say your getting pop ups from download links . we need to know what links to help out..

spock. if you are getting site pop ups many threads on fix, with ie use ad muncher (can be found in appp section) firefox use free plugin ad blocker pro.. both work .. say hi to captain kirk lol

7. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I am getting them again too the past few days and they are driving me nuts. As soon as I came on the site today, for example, two other windows opened on my browser with ad pages and the old smaller pop up ads also are back, when you click on close the open button stays stuck in front of you. This is on Chrome

Here is an example of what has just opened now

http://www.mytenonline.com/video.php?vid=173&pid=173

8. nickbek

nickbek New Member

if your getting popups that are not being blocked by ad blocker you can add it to filter in ad blocker or do an update from ad blocker site

Code:
    http://adblockplus.org/en/changelog-1.2.2
    more info on chrome and ad blocker

Code:
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

9. ive never had problems since using adblock plus i would strongly recomend it

10. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Yep........firefox and adblockplus do the trick for me.
    Blocks ads and any scripts you don't want....

11. Just for info, I've only recently started using this site and I get zero popups.

Opera 10.63 with nothing but "Block Unwanted Popups" selected in "Preferences", and Javascript active.

I got rid of Java 3 years ago, and have only came across one site I couldn't use fully, and that was a broadband speed test site using a Java Applet instead of the more usual Flash animation.

Just thought I'd mention that. :)