DVD section R5 TS release made up as DVD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Esconi_hann, May 8, 2010.

1. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/dvdr5-dvd-...s/927245-kick-ass-2010-r5ac3dvdr-imagine.html
    http://www.forumdivx.com/dvdr5-dvd-...927739-kick-ass-2010-r5-ac3-dvdr-imagine.html

These are not DVD releases.
    To allow R5 etc to be posted in the DVD section is just asking for problems next will be the TS CAM done the same way.

This will make a nightmare for moderators and members.

A DVD post should be a commercial release.
    I can see issues with is the R5 DVD with DVD icon this is not a commercial release and therefore should not be given a DVD icon as members will download the 4.3GB thinking they are getting a commercial DVD quality when they are getting an R5 or SCR etc.

2. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Well, I think technically any R5 is actually a DVD........that's the media they come on bro.
    I don't think cams are released on anything lol.

But I agree with you........R5 has it's own post icon and its own subsections.
    It sounds like a staff nightmare, and I stay away from all the movie/tv stuff as much as I can :/

On my old site we just had basic sections for movies and tv shows.

*movies
    *tv shows
    *documentaries < which was only created when I asked it to be, and I took care of it.

Hopefully the smods and admins will have some feedback for you ;)

3. nickbek

nickbek New Member

there are posts in DVDR5 - DVD - HD-DVD - BluRay - 720p - 1080p Movies sections are questionable and confusing to many members. most do not realize that a post that say dvdr5 or dvdscr are nothing more than a repacked r5 or scr into a dvd .. bottom line there just an r5 or scr on a dvd with some times custom menus.. IMHO they belong in Cam - Ts - Tc - Pvv - DvdscR - R5 sections , but as in DVDR5 - DVD - HD-DVD - BluRay - 720p - 1080p Movies it says 'You can find and share larger then 4GB size Movies in here' so ?
    there have been complaints from members when they download them and see what they got and wasted a lot of bandwith on. In all fairness to members they should go in Cam - Ts - Tc - Pvv - DvdscR - R5 sections. It's about the members not the posters so lets be fair to them ..my 2 cents

4. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

The idea of an R5 that has been converted to a DVD and posted as FULL DVD has been tossed around before and like Catchmeifucan says, should be left in the R5 section. Usually the quality is much better then your regular 700MB xvid but it still is not a DVD and is misleading to the members who download the files and are upset with the quality.

I also agree with rowson leaving the MKV Screeners in the CAM - Ts - Tc - Pvv - DVDScr - R5 sections as long as the proper Icon is used and include the size in the title if possible.. Since these releases are in MKV format should not matter as the Mp4 - Rmvb & Mkv Movies Section should be left for the proper released movies..

Only other solution would be to add a Screener Sub Section for the Mp4 - Rmvb & Mkv Movies.

5. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I think there are already enough subsections for movies........its probably confusing for members to have so many sections for movie types, especially the ones that have difficulty with the English language.

I really don't know why all movies that are cams,screeners, etc aren't all dumped into one section by itself.
    I mean these kind of dl's aren't of high final quality and members who are seeking them could just search in the one section for what they want.
    It would make it easier for rules as well........anything that wasn't a final print copy or rip would have to be posted in the one section.

Ppl don't collect pre-release stuff, it only exists so they can get a taste of the movie in question before its final print release.

6. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    This would seem to conflict with the reading of the rules as posted.

This needs to be sorted out as I am moving movies and rowson is moving movies and we are tripping over one another instead of working together.

I was not confused before but I certainly am now from reading this thread.

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Like I already said.......it'd be much easier for staff and members if all cams, screeners, R5's and pre-release stuff was dumped in the one special section.

Then all the other sections would just be for different kinds of rips, etc of final print/retail stuff.

8. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

ADMIN have not changed the sections for some time...... keeping the two sections for Cams, screeners, R5 & TS will probably stay and still be sorted by year of release.

9. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

:s5:

Yes, it is a little vague and I have PM'd hope90 to ask for a decision on where the screener/R5 MKV movies should be placed....

He should reply here with final decision..

10. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

i need a little time ..
    i m very busy nowadays ..
    i will think it ..

greetings ..

11. nickbek

nickbek New Member

i'm sure hope90 will will make the right decision for site and will take or input seriously . were just trying to do whats right for site and members to make a better board