external hard drive help

Discussion in 'Archive' started by aliensmith6, Nov 3, 2009.

1. aliensmith6

aliensmith6 New Member

I bought me a seagate external hard drive 1.5GB.and ive put about 200 movies in it,the question is .can i plug it directly to my tv and watch the movies without useing my computer.my tv its a sony bravia hdtv.thank you for the help

2. dinnerboy20

dinnerboy20 Guest

i don't think you can...... but if you can thats pretty awesome....

cause your tv isn't a computer to be able to read the formats of the movies u have, but who knows maybe there's a way to have a program in ur external hardrive that reads it and sends it to ur tv i doubt it tho

3. nickbek

nickbek New Member

if tv has usb port try that ,,or if tv has pc input use that

4. saarthak

saarthak Guest

can u give model no of your hdtv,,
    coz some sony hdtv supports divx/xvid movies through usb....

5. aliensmith6

aliensmith6 New Member

sorry for the late reply,was kind of busy doing house shores before the winter.
    the model #KDL 46S3000.it would be nice to just plug it in and watch any movie you want.thank you for the help

6. Eye.Brows!!

Eye.Brows!! Guest

frend pay some good cash for a tv like u say !! and it was a plasma 50" with a usb port and all it would do was mp3 and .jpeg reading some info on the tv you need A other words lg (life good) 60" plasma you sould get div x on it could give some modal numbers but i drunk !!

7. Eye.Brows!!

Eye.Brows!! Guest

got a link for u if ang good its on PDF format !!

Code:
    http://www.lge.com/lgecs.downloadFile.ldwf
    just download it my self one for the arkhives !

8. saarthak

saarthak Guest

well valente...u cant play movies on this model .....bt u can explore all ur music+images .jpg format .......check for more detail
    Code:
    http://review.zdnet.com/product/flat-panel-tvs/sony-bravia-kdl-46s3000/32331189

9. saarthak

saarthak Guest

i think u should have gone with a full hd tv rather than hdtv enabled...if u wanna play ur movies with your p hard drive...with usb...buy a dvd player with usb support and divx certified ...n if u want to play hd movies/videos with divx codec but a hd divx certified player.....n if u have movies in mkv format with x264 codec....go for a player which support x264 as it is the future...it maybe bit expensive but it will survive for longer time...

10. aliensmith6

aliensmith6 New Member

that sucks,thank you guys for all the help.but money is tight right now so i will stick with using convertxtodvd and play them on a regular dvd player.thank you again

11. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

you could try something like this from maplin

Code:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=227101

but i would contact them first to make sure the player will support your external hard drive