Friends of mine that i'd like to see treated well on DT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by deadlegion, Jun 28, 2010.

1. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Here's a short list of members that are my friends, and i would like to see them treated well and not have their threads removed.
    It's only a short list, as i tend to be very careful about who i call my friend.

Fred2

Dis

paringa

Omnicloudstrife

Ladybbird

rowson << now banned after losing his cool

boohoorls

I've left out current staff members for obvious reasons......but if their status changes then i'll add them to my list.

Cheers

2. nickbek

nickbek New Member

lol this is kinda pushing it .. so if they break rules you want us to back of and not warn. ban etc ?? how bout we all added our ' friends ' then

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Well, there are already plenty of members here that aren't allowed to be punished according to the rules atm.
    I can't see why my very short list should be a problem.....these ppl won't cause trouble on purpose, but they may make a mistake when they post.

An example is a game thread that paringa posted a while ago........it only needed a relevant post icon added but was binned.
    I just don't want to see stuff like that happen again.
    I've moved members threads to the bin when they've broken rules, only to see them moved back again without attending to the issue of why they were removed.

I'm making a point here....if "i'm pushing it" then just kick me out.......its that simple.
    I've always been hard but fair here, and i only state my opinions about issues.

4. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

I would suggest that you ask them to be sure they read and follow the rules so that it never becomes an issue. We all have people we respect here that we would like to protect. But rules are rules. I, personally, will keep your list in mind out of respect for you and because you asked. But it's up to each mod as to how he wants to handle it. IMO ALL of rowsons posts should be trashed because he has posted watermarked videos and who knows which ones are good or bad? If you want to download every one of his videos to see if they are clean, that could save them. I won't be the one to trash them, but it should be done. Watermarked videos are crap and unwelcome here.

5. nickbek

nickbek New Member

if they make a mistake in post they can edit post or pm one of us.. we dont play favorites .. only admin can set rules like this

6. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

There have been heavy hitters here since 2007 and I know some have been banned at one time or another... The people on that list should know the rules backwards since the reports are sent in by them...... and honestly I doubt they will post something so bad or fawked up that would cause them to be banned..

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I agree about watermarked videos being bad, and i've always trashed and banned for that elsewhere.

I do talk to my friends about rules, and correct their mistakes for them.
    But I think you're missing the whole point of "disparity" dude........there are endless amounts of threads here that violate rules and nothing is ever done about them (either because they're "special" ppl or staff).

If rules change then staff really have no excuse for not fixing their threads so they set a good example for all other members.
    If some members are "special" to some staff then those staff should remind their buddies about rules and fix their threads if need be.

If a staff member is uploading shares with viruses or whatever (and its proven by other staff to be the case) then they need to stop doing that or suffer if they continue.

As i have stated before, ppl (like myself) may post stolen links that are bad for some reason..........but ppl usually have a decent reason for mistakenly posting such shares.
    They want to contribute to the site and provide shares for other members that lack the skills, time or patience to look for them elsewhere.
    I have never posted anything bad on purpose, it's just not possible for me to dl and check everything.....which is why i rely on feedback from downloaders to determine if i have to remove something.

You can't have a site with rules and then let half the threads/posters violate them.......thats just ridiculous.

8. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

rowson's now gone.......i can understand why, but if some ppl are pushed into a corner they can snap.......it happens :/

9. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

I'm not in your list :shok: lol.
    Seriously mate, as i said before, all members all equal here.
    There's no difference between members. We do have some special uploaders but that's another thing.
    And actually i really dont understand why you posted this list of yours at the first place.
    If you are sure that they dont violate our rules, then there would be no problem at all.
    No offense mate but this is kinda pushing it, and really in these days i am hearing same words again and again.
    You know such as "if you dont like it then kick me out of staff" and ditto.
    (I am saying this words not to you but commonly so no hard feelings.)
    We are not forced to work here in DT.
    It because we like this job and we could take the responsibility.
    DT is open for everyone, and if you feel to walk away then be my guest.
    I wish you good luck.

And for your friends, i hope that they are well aware of the rules, sure we do not have to go too extreme but we do not make exception for no one.

10. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Yes....... watermarked videos is not allowed, especially from staff..... Seems like rowson was ready to fight for a while now... not sure what his problem was, but his PM he sent to hope90 and some staff was un-called for and for that he should never be reinstated as staff.......

In my opinion, he is very lucky hope90 never sent him packing totally..

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

And what happened to the "other staff member" that posted a share containing a virus?

I work here 'cos i like the site and want to see it improve.......but it can't improve if threads are everywhere that violate rules.
    I was asked to help and thats what i've done.
    But even when i'm asked to help (here or elsewhere) i have to mention issues that are to do with working conditions........thats how i roll.

I have never in my life asked or begged to work anywhere.....and i have left many places online and irl simply 'cos conditions weren't up to scratch.

I have been here for several months now and the only change in the right direction i've seen is my being allowed to have games section rules and enforce them.

I don't get depressed about the state of the site, i get frustrated and angry about it.......and i know i'm not the only person.
    I receive PM's from ppl all the time asking about things i have no control over......just because i'm here a fair bit many of them assume i can do something tho :/

12. LynnePBaker

LynnePBaker New Member

Exactly as i predicted these are the type of threads i try to avoid....The board is f***ed again and because of all the extra hard work and frustration temperatures rise and fester inside until somebody snaps in this case we know who and we lost a pretty dam good Mod and temperatures continue to rise in other staff members as the bickering between staff starts and we all know what happens next....staff bickering spreads to members and BOOM! The forum is now in a situation were either things are fixed and Admins step in and cool down the staff before more leave or get banned. Guys i seen it happen to many times were the situation ends up the latter and many a great forums go down and close because a little problem was left unfixed until it was to late.

Lastly all members & staff are equal, Whats good for one is good for everyone if it were my father breaking rules he would be made to pay the price.

Please guys lets all take a big deep breath..... think & wait patiently before someone else blows and more good staff are gone.

Thanks for reading

Mike

13. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Well, i'm not complaining to members about anything, they are the ones that ask questions and complain.
    But if they ask me questions i give them simple answers and tell them to ask further up the chain.
    Nothing else i can do except ignore members when they pester me about issues i'm all to aware of.

I'm sorta ok now.......just got back from seeing my therapist.
    His professional advice is to laugh about stuff instead of getting angry.
    Well, if i do that i'll most definitely get stripped of status or banned :D lol