Help Please!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ladybird, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ladybird

ladybird Guest

What am I doing wrong? I have tried to download files etc using winrar 3.80 and most come up corrupt. Only download 1 file at a time., until the set is complete. I am on xp pro and using firefox. Most files I try are rs. Tried getting nero 8 9 and etc but it all fails! Any help would be appreciated. I hear that nero is the best, or is there something just like it that will work? Thanks

2. sickofdtv

sickofdtv New Member

Since you said most, I must assume that some are ok, which makes me think that the files are corrupt before you download. This happens all the time. Some people think that Nero is great, but I personally think that it is just ok. I have tried all the best and alot of bad but have found a converter that I recommend. ConvertX DVD. I have used It for a couple of years. I xxxxxxxx one to rapidshare for you if you wish. If you insist on Nero let me know, as I can do that too. It all depends on what you want the program to do. Good luck.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/207333511/ConvertXvTo.DVD.3.v2.99.13.900.rar.html

3. ladybird

ladybird Guest

I have the nero 7 essentials on discs but they are not a full copy (came with my son's pc) - I still can not use it to burn my videos etc. I have the red one and red and gray one if that helps! I thought that nero would be best to make a dvd with my videos, pics, music etc.... I uninstalled the nero to try the nero 9 etc but no go.

Yes I have the convertxtodvd3 it works, only so far with avi. Not sure what is wrong on my side though.... I have norton 360, spybot, spyware blaster,and malawarebytes on this pc too. The pc is - xp pro with a lg dvd secure disc super multi. :noidea:

4. try nero vision to convert your files and make films with. go to your rapidshare account and then to settings, change for direct downloads and you can download multiple files at a time with idm(internet download manager)
    most of the stuff in nero isn`t really needed but people find what is best for them and usually stick to it.
    or even use winavi to convert files to avi and burn to disc also.

5. ladybird

ladybird Guest

Thanks so much! Will get an account with rapid and also try the winavi!! Thanks again!

6. if you need further help, pm me

7. ladybird

ladybird Guest

I was downloading winavi and after the install it came to a screen that said exit so that is what I did. Then this happened to my PC. No connection to the internet (using my son's PC now), no way to do system restore (says my PC in unprotected), can not open my C: drive pops up something about recylcers, this is the error that comes up every few min.
    first one was- svchost.exe application error instruction at 0x75606eb5 referenced memory at 0x00000008 can not be read and after I tried to do the repair from my xp pro disc now it says the same as above but with this number 0x75605775. Tried to find it through google etc but nothing! I would appreciate any help :cray: Thanks Scotsdavy for helping me! My Pc went out of warranty 2 months ago! Was it the winavi that did this?:noidea:

Is there anything that can fix this?

8. sickofdtv

sickofdtv New Member

You have a bug. Sounds exactly like the one I just gt rid of. I recently had a bad bug problem. The first I could not fix. I finally took a chance on Windows onecare live. After about 20 mnutes it was fixed. This is a free 90 days trial.
    Give It a try. It will work.

Free trial is:

Code:
    http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/default.htm
    Or download this and transfer to you computer.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/157546924/Microsoft_Live_OneCare_2.0_By_Luis.rar
    Oh, to get in c:\ just right click on it and click on explore. Then click on search. The progam will fix it all.

Let me Know.

9. ladybird

ladybird Guest

I do not know what happened, I had norton 360, spybot, malawarebytes, spywareblaster ccleaner.... used them like clockwork.

this was the link 90% sure, b/c I had to finally use the disc that came with the tower to re-install xp pro on my hp compaq dc 5000 mt.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/206496740/WinAVI_Video_Converter_9.0__Serial.rar
    [​IMG]

I guess I am okay now....:noidea: up and going and have got avast, malaware, etc and looking for a better overall av and firewall etc. Thanks so much!

10. ladybird

ladybird Guest

11. sickofdtv

sickofdtv New Member

I know how you feel, Good luck .

12. the link you downloaded from is for something that does not exist! v9 has not been released yet some people post this as if it is the correct version when in fact it is v8!
    look closely and you will see what i mean...................
    glad you are ok now and sorry for the inconvenience you have had recently...........