How to add subtitle????

Discussion in 'Archive' started by coipleBep, Dec 22, 2008.

1. coipleBep

coipleBep Guest

Guys, could anyone guide me how to add subtitles when you burn a movie to a disc......

Plzzzz....

2. fabianledes

fabianledes New Member

The subtitle is a separate file, usually with an .srt extension. It will have the exact same name as
    the movie file, dude. Just locate the .srt file for your movie. Then add it into the folder where
    the divx/Xvid file will reside. Most divx capable players will list and allow inclusion of the .srt when
    the movie is played.

Direct VobSub is great. VLC allows multi-channel menu selection. Or just open the file with
    your player and select subtiltle options to browse the .srt -- hope that helps. Merry, Merry.

3. coipleBep

coipleBep Guest

tanx dude 4 ur kind reply....well, tell me which software shld be gud enough to add subtitles to a movie and burn it into Dvd disc????

4. Kami

Kami New Member

try "ffdshow"
    and create a folder where you put all your sub files.
    in the configuration of ffdshow you will find subtitles, put the link to the folder of your subs in it.
    important is that the names from the movie and the sub are the same.
    and once your open de movie even with media player you will see your sub on the movie.
    I make my dvd with tmpgenc.....
    it works for me and its vrey easy that way
    sorry for the bad english.

5. coipleBep

coipleBep Guest

tanx dude....no probs with the English....You said ' tmpgenc..' watz tat?????

6. Kami

Kami New Member

7. coipleBep

coipleBep Guest

lemme try...tanx dude..

8. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    ConvertXtoDVD will do the job and you can add subtitles easily, automatically if named same as movie and will accept the srt or sub/idx very easy program to use

9. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I also use ConvertXtodvd as is very simple.... once you load the avi simply click on the subtitles in the window and then click ADD Subtitles .... it will ask for the srt file... browse to the file and choose it and it will then add subs for you when converting...

10. coipleBep

coipleBep Guest

much appreciated guys...

11. feyonzen

feyonzen New Member

Never knew how to do that ( although I've been always curious about it). Thank you guys (for asking and replying). Good Info !