ISP Restricting bandwidth and Data Usage!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by spanishguy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. spanishguy

spanishguy Guest

Just been informed by my isp that there is a 12Gig per month limit on my downloads ands as I have already hit 45 gig he is severly restricting my bandwidth....which is only 2mb anyway all this for 39€ a month. Makes me want to *****

2. change isps, i did and have no problems now, in fact, my speed doubled and costs were lower.................

3. spanishguy

spanishguy Guest

Sadly I live in the spanish campo and it took 5 years to get a system that actually worked faster than a spanish donkey!!! I have used ALL the other options and have had this one for over a year now with no problems, they also supply a phone service all based on a wireless system hence the need to set a limit (they say). Other systems we have used have cost an arm and a leg to install and run at least with this we know our costs are static 29€ the internet 2mb and 25€ the phone with no call charges to any landline in the world which is great for my wife to call the UK for several hours a day :m13:.
    I actually used 45gig last month and they have'nt added any extra on but they did say watch it so I suppose it's fair use.....:cray:

4. fabianledes

fabianledes New Member

ooooh, spain
    you arrrre so sexy

sorry about your trouble, dude
    be selective if there's any competition
    in your area

move if you have to
    internet access
    is freedom to breathe

5. spanishguy

spanishguy Guest

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:Don't I know it, this is the 1st place I have ever lived that actually could give faster than dial up speed access. When in the UK it was always "coming next month to a road next to you" but not to you!!!!
    Good news here is that from April 1st the charge goes down to 29€ for net and 12.5€ for phone charges and still free calls any time any length to most places in the world (not internet phone system) which is a bit of a deal just have to watch my downloads not to much hardship I suppose in such a great climate:grin::grin::grin:

6. fabianledes

fabianledes New Member

show off

wish i could afford to live in spain

7. wiccan

wiccan Guest

Heya, ermm... I have to point out originally 39€ a month. now your saying it's going down to 29€ a month plus 12.5€ a month = 41.5€ a month. when I went to school 41.5 was greater than 39 by 2.5€ lmao:punish2::mosking:

8. memberix

memberix Guest

is stated in the contract that they have right to lower speed after certain amount of transfer.
    it there isn't anything about limiting the connection in the contract then sue them.
    tell them you are going to take them to court and they will probably offer you a deal.

also you may hack few user account and use those if you really need to download something.

9. spanishguy

spanishguy Guest

If your read it correctly in my 2nd post the charge was 39€ plus 25€ was reduced to 29€ 12.50€ this is obviously more in tune with your maths which are good....it's your reading I'd be worried about :tomato2::tomato2::tomato2::mda:

10. wiccan

wiccan Guest

your second post....

29 not 39 so I guess we both cant read and I am certified as Dyslexic what's your excuse?? l it wasn't until your 1....2....3rd post you mention the reduction lol and no this is not me flaming you just making a point.

11. spanishguy

spanishguy Guest

Never thought you were flaming me at all, that's the idea of this forum useful crosstalk. 2nd post was a typo 1st post was 39 but what the hell it was all reduced anyway......and my excuse is that I'm just daft (it's easier to spell that dsylxiec) :mda::mda:

12. wiccan

wiccan Guest

glad you got a good deal anyways here in NZ it sux.