okay here goes..........

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Omnicloudstrife, Jul 21, 2010.

1. as the title suggests here goes........
    deadlegion and every other member i need your help !

i cant get on nearly half as much of this site as i used to for one with firefox i kept getting the "redirect virus" and that thing is a complete pain in the ass so now im using opera it sux i know but know i cant get a decent dll file to use with opera as a pop up blocker (there was one like a year ago) cant find it though yay and one more thing practically every section i go to on this site wont come up cause yay avg to the rescue im going apesh!t at my computer so any advice please i cant moderate properly like this

regards Teh Omnimod

2. nickbek

nickbek New Member

omni not have same problem here mate .. no problems with virus warns with avg or getting into sections . maybe someone can suggest something other than clear cookies etc sorry bro .just dont have that problem here and with the way things are going with site , works for a few days then down , dont see much happening

3. not meaning to pry into one's setup but can you guys tell me the way your rigs securitys are so i can set mine up identically to it ?

4. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Well, to be honest I'm not moving around the entire board at the moment.
    I'm just maintaining the games section, I've looked in some threads in requests and a few other places (like in here) but I'm staying clear of all the movies/tv sections right now.

It's obvious the site has bits of malicious code......even Google will tell you that :/

I just checked the tv section and I'm not getting a security warning for there any more, but a few days ago it was deemed "unsafe".

Use Firefox, use Adblock plus and use the "Easylist Germany (Deutschland)" subscription for adblock.Make sure you manually add the bad scripts listed in the pinned virus thread here....
    http://www.forumdivx.com/general-discussion/959393-virus-fix.html

My pc hasn't been infected or anything, but I'm not really interested in ignoring any warnings I see.
    So far the games section has been problem free (except for a bad script or 2 ages ago).
    All I do is add the bad scripts to Adblock manually when I come across them.

I doubt copying my setup will solve all your problems (I still have to manually add stuff) , but maybe if the smods have no issues they might let you know what their setups are, I dunno.

I don't know what else to say dude.

Cheers

5. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Like Deadlegion, I get Virus Attack Warnings when I go into TV Section.... something is probably in there unless xanax has fixed it...

6. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    No issues here all singing dancing and even whistling, not even a fart

7. no sb means no farts

8. just an update guys i insatleed a css file to opera called flashblocker it stops the pop ups as for the virus warnings well its a small price to pay for this awesome site
    i will be back up and modding tomorrow

9. nickbek

nickbek New Member

good to see you got it fixed omni,in firefox . check tools - options -security - do you have a check in, block reported attack sites?

10. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

>:-|

My farts cannot be stopped, sb or not!!

*FaRt*

Good to see you got it sorted bro, sorry I was of no help.

11. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

I have the best computer security available - me sitting here.