pop ups ad again......

Discussion in 'Archive' started by saarthak, Jul 24, 2009.

1. saarthak

saarthak Guest

am i the only1 or this thing hapenning to other too........
    pop ups ad are back again.............and they have become more irritating

2. jbowie62

jbowie62 Guest

Yes, I am having the same problem.

3. BaZZa101

BaZZa101 Guest

have a look at this post

Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/general-discussion/241122
    BaZZa101:beach:

4. Nellie44Militel

Nellie44Militel New Member

how do we stop all these ads that keep poping up and redirecting to other sites

Very Annoying

Guys you a spoiling the greatest site

5. dogger99

dogger99 Guest

sucksssssssssss

6. the pop ups are making the site unusable! pages takig to long to load, freezing and all the pop ups driving me mad!!!!:

Code:
    went to that tread and it works !
    no pop ups!
    cheers

7. crypereex

crypereex New Member

Cameroon
    I just log in and allready I got 8 popups.This is for the birds.I'm gonna leave this site if they don't get rid of all of these popups.Soon they may not have any members and may have to close down.I know that I'm not happy with them.

8. madhukant_m

madhukant_m Guest

what the hell has happened to this site lots of ads and pop ups

its very irritating!!!!!!!

9. lionheart32

lionheart32 Guest

This is getting very old very quick,can't do anything on here because of these pop ups.

10. lionheart32

lionheart32 Guest

These stupid things are even in my reply.I'm gone from this site and until it changes I won't be back.

11. shu9265w

shu9265w Guest

This is working! !

Code:

12. shu9265w

shu9265w Guest

This is working:

Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/general-discussion/241122-remove-popups.html

13. saarthak

saarthak Guest

i am on this site for more than 1 year and was loving the site......until this shit happend.....
    plz get rid of the pop ups....

14. zepherz

zepherz Guest

It was working but not any more. Yesterday I was popup free using Firefox with the popup blocker but today they seem to have figured out how to defeat it because it took me ten minutes to get to this page fighting popups. RIght now I have three firefox windows open and I only opened one, you can guess what are on the others.

15. zepherz

zepherz Guest

Note the popups posted on my last post. There are none on yours what are you doing right? That URL you listed does not seem to exist according to FIrefox. I guess they figured out how to keep us from getting to it maybe I can find it manually. BUt if it is the recently listed fixes I have them and they are not working.

16. BronzeSpoon

BronzeSpoon Guest

Yes. I agree. This site has been hijacked! Bombed to hell and back. A real pity as this was a great place to come. Not anymore though. So many pop-ups and pop unders. Damn it is unreal. I haven't seen this sort of exploit in a long time.
    Hope it gets taken care off one of these days. I'll check back ina month or so... :cray:

17. fatboy1

fatboy1 Guest

these popups sucks now.. any solution for them i tries everything as mentioned on the site to stop tehm but its not working for me.. i am using IE 6...plz help me out to stop them:girl_cray2::girl_cray2:

18. BronzeSpoon

BronzeSpoon Guest

Aahhh..i have to apologize to the folks here and Divxturka.
    I use Firefox.
    And as I had reinstalled my entire OS and programs I had forgotten to install 1 piece of software for Firefox which deals with these issues nicely.
    And that is the add-on ABP = AdBlock Plus.
    This addon deals with all of this type of crap. And it does it nicely with no intervention by the user other than adding it into Firefox.

You use Firefox? Then USE Adblock Plus. It DOES work. :heyo:

So I am back and running with Divxturka once again...whew..

And thanks to Armey for contacting me. I will apply the settings provided to IE which I hardly use. But just in case I need to ;-)

19. BronzeSpoon

BronzeSpoon Guest

Just download Firefox and install Adblock Plus. Its an addon. No silly business here...
    I was suffering the popup adds as well Grrrrr , then remembered I had forgotten to reinstall the addon for Firefox after I had reinstalled my OS. DOH!! It blocks adds for ALL sites. Not sure how it goes for Pop-unders though. But that is another thing altogether.
    And hey, I used to be one to say who needs Firefox. Well.. I use Firefox for certain sites and IE7 for others. Wouldnt touch IE8 for now. Damn thing crawled like a snail for me. And IE7 is still supported. I do not think IE 6 is though. Bit old that one. :)

20. Nutcrill

Nutcrill Guest

go onto IE Tools-Options-Security-Restricted Sites-Add- http://serw.clicksor.com then hit OK

Then search for and install Adblock Pro

Popups should be gone