Popups

Discussion in 'Archive' started by kmarko, Nov 18, 2010.

1. kmarko

kmarko Guest

Have there been any changes on the website , I have my popup blocker on and also AdBlock , but still I get the popups when I press any link on the site . what is going on ?

2. houseman

houseman Guest

any one know how to get rid of the wixgame pop up? i have firefox with adblock plus and adblocker installed, but I get the annoying pop up every click

3. nickbek

nickbek New Member

same here seeking solution

Code:
    http://www.wixgame.com/en/]Wix Game - Free Online Flash Game

4. aliensmith6

aliensmith6 New Member

thanks catchmeifucan.
    I thought my ad muncher wasnt working.
    glad to know is not only on my end

5. nickbek

nickbek New Member

posted in mod section valente for admins mate .. lets see what happens .. catch

6. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

-install Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon, for Adblock Plus Addon, for Firefox.

Then all you should see is the "Firefox prevented this site from opening *insert number here* popup windows"

Not a complete fix, I know, but I don't have the popup windows opening anymore.

7. faizi_shah

faizi_shah Guest

deadlegion... i have but same problem is coming :(

8. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

You use Firefox.
    You use Adblock Plus Addon.
    You use Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon.
    Code:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/83098/

This is all I am using, and I no longer have the pop-up window problem.............I only see "Firefox prevented this site from opening *insert number here* popup windows".

If you are still having the window pop-up problem, try adding this following link as a block rule filter in Adblock Plus (you can add it in preferences).

Code:
    http://www.wixgame.com/*

9. nickbek

nickbek New Member

added filter ,but not working dead .. hope90 is working on it

10. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

That's weird bro.......are you sure you're using Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon in conjunction with Adblock Plus Addon for Firefox?

I'm not having any problems anymore......I can just see Firefox successfully blocking the popup issue now.

I've shutdown my browser and cleared cookies several times and re-checked to see if the popups would come back........but they're gone for me now.

I'm not using admunch.

I can't understand why I seem to be the only person here to eliminate the popups lol.

11. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Superb deadlegion, I also had the same problem, no matter what I did, so I downloaded Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon, which is an addition to Adblock Plus and I no longer have the problem. You need to restart FFox after you download it. Thanks

12. houseman

houseman Guest

HaHa, Stupid PopUps!!!, Thanks For The AddOn Link You provided DeadLegion, That Solution Worked Perfect!

13. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Thank You deadlegion for your link and steps.........

It is now an Announcement for all to see and read

14. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

No problem people ;)

15. faizi_shah

faizi_shah Guest

hmmmmm solved :)

16. nainka

nainka New Member

Hi
    I think you need to make sure the 'Block Popups' option is enabled in Firefox options after installing Adblock Plus opoup addon.
    This worked for me.

17. Captain3831

Captain3831 Guest

Hi, I have roadrunner which has the adblocker plus and popup blocker but it is not blocking that good because no matter what I do wixgames window keeps poping up and another games window keeps poping up and it also keeps redirecting to other sites.
    I know it takes money to run a site but not to a point where customers can't get onto site so come on Administrators and Moderators get this together because you will lose allot of members.
    These sites that keep coming up after I block it has the ability to over-ride the adblocker !

I mean it don't take a rocket scientist to see how many people are logged in and for what I see is not to many .

18. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

If you follow the instructions in the announcement you will block the pop-ups.
    If you use any other browser then you're on your own I'm afraid.

Moderators have nothing to do with decisions made by site owners.....we just help members, enforce rules and clean up mess as best we can.
    Anyone that has ever been staff on a site would know that admins/owners make all the big decisions about the site itself, so please don't ask moderators to do things that they can't possibly do.

19. faizi_shah

faizi_shah Guest

y u dont close the thread after help..????? if any member want then he use new thread for help... is it?

20. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

This can be both good and bad decision...... If we close the thread after help is posted then it forces members to start a new thread if they still have issues... And if they start a new thread then we tend to have many, many, many threads repeating over and over instead of keeping them all contained in one or two threads...

Unfortunately, all members do not read Announcements or even Search for topics like "popups" and they just start a new thread even though the answers have been provided Many Times...