Problems are Getting Worse on This Site Now Attack Site Warning is Back

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ladybbird, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Just to let you guys know that I am in regular contact with Hope about all the problems on this site not being put right. I have told him how fed up we all are.

It is becoming more and more impossible to Mod this site correctly, with so many things missing, ads back again blocking and referring to another site every time you change a page.

I have even changed browsers and this wont overcome these problems. The worst is the incredibly slow time it takes to load a page.

Hope is trying for us, he keeps trying to talk with the owner. So lets all hope that he can do something.

I should imagine the members are sick of it too.

2. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Are you using Firefox when you're here?
    And are you using the Adblock Plus add-on?

You can block all the ads and any scripts you want with just these (I don't use admunch).

But I do agree (of course) that the site is absolutely terrible atm.
    It's only really "usable" for maybe 12-16 hours a day.
    I'm lucky that I'm in the southern hemisphere.....it seems much worse (unbearably) during northern hemisphere peak times.

PS: Why is this thread locked? Staff can still post in locked threads anyway.
    PPS: hiya sexy :p

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Hmm, I see the thread is open now.
    I may need some sleep :/

4. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Now you are going to laugh at this, but I am sure I pressed the close button that closes the ad and the thread was closed, I did not close this thread!!!!! but I reopened it. I am having my coffee now just in case LOLOL

I have just written to Xanax about the probs on the site, with the links of all the threads from staff that have reported probs. I have told him how fed up some of us are at not getting a response after so long and so many requests. Hope is doing his best but he has to wait for Xanax. Lets hope my appeal works.

5. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    dont hold your breath..hehe... I have offered to help before...lol

firefox adblock plus and noscript these tools help a lot.

Dead I think you should have more RANT Power.

6. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

While you're at it, maybe we could also have it so that people cannot register User IDs with special characters so that we can actually see their profiles when we need to (still cannot see profiles when there is a '.' in the name).

7. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

[​IMG]

Need more REP+ for RANT power!!!!

*contemplates raping wolfman for rep*

8. im all for that fg

9. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well at least the server speed is better changing pages, which I wrote to him about. But now we have the Attack Site Warning back again.

10. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

It is all symbols that cannot be recognized.... all the ones above your number keys (1-9) plus the other common ones..

11. Esconi_hann

Esconi_hann New Member

Clayton
    Home Page:
    mentioned this before and how it can be fixed by using preg_match to only allow letters and numbers no special characters and possibly stripping the string using strip replace.

12. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

It must be intermittent, then. I can usually type the special characters (except the period) into the URL and view the member's profile. Just another forum problem that will forever be ignored. How can the owner let all of these problems continue?

OFFER: I will buy this forum from you and return it to its old glory. eMail me. No sense in everyone reading the PMs.

13. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

lol wat?

14. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

Offer to the owner.

15. FotoGuy moderator

WTF.......................?

seriousley what happens here when i sleep ?