RE: Disfunctional board (the sequel)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by deadlegion, Jun 11, 2010.

1. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

*The inline mod functions aren't working like they should be........again :/
    *The shoutbox is stuck on "loading"........again.

*Be prepared to see many live links again, as members will only be able to code them if they know how to manually type BB codes :/

At least the MCP still seems to be working atm.

Maybe serious consideration should be given to the idea of giving wolfens ACP access, even if only temporarily.
    I'm sure he would be still keen to help fix the board.

Laters

2. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

Its getting very annoying now, i have send xanax a PM about this and other issues, did not get an answer yet. For now we have to wait again :S. The best way for wolfens to do his thing is to PM hope and he could return to Xanax and NoNeTheLeSs...

3. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

'Select All' is not working when viewing members' threads, too.

4. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

"select all" falls under the "inline mod" category.
    I wasn't going to list all the problems we have.......'cos its all the same as last time the board went retarded.
    Well, except this time the MCP still seems to be working (the last time it was messed up as well).

Here are some old threads you can read if you want.........
    Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-central/930115-board-disfunctional.html
    Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-central/959989-a.html
    Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-central/961241-any-idea-what-going-onadmins-smods-please-read.html
    There are probably more threads to read......they are just the few ones i can be bothered posting atm :/

5. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I believe wolf would and could be of assistance to help repair the board, but wolfie says it is not his place to ask to help but would be happy to help if asked.....

I would hate to see the board go another 2 weeks like last time before being repared...... jeez, we have only had the board back for a little over a week and now this again.....

For you boys in Red...... It is time to get serious

6. nickbek

nickbek New Member

this is not hard to fix .. but i do not think admin will let me or wolfens access to fix site .. we can just either grin and bare it or do our best as always .this site could be one of the best with allowing us better access to fix site problems and ip ban power and more active admins .. no disrespect to admins

7. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

IP ban power would be nice. Some people, without question, need their IP's banned.

8. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

As long as it is repaired faster then the 2+ weeks it was last time....
    After a few days, it gets very frustrating and pointless to try to do anything..

9. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

Maybe included with the repair this time they can make it where banned people cannot log in to the board. Look at the active users list and how many banned people are logged in. Of course that's not a priority, as I understand there is so much else going on right now.

10. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

For those who are curious, here is what rowson posted (with names removed). He's mad at me because I asked him to stop wrongly banning our good members, like ceycey72, MR-R-T and other excellent members:

And for those who don't know, I was in a car wreck which was caused by a heart attack and out of commission for a while. That night I was in a martial arts match and took a pretty good punch to the chest, which is what I figure caused the heart attack. I've just been able to sit at my computer again for about the last week or so. But I'm back in full force and ready to kick some behind.

11. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

It should be noted that apparently regular members can now access Mod Central. This thread's number of views just jumped from 30 to 58 and I am the only staff logged in.

12. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

More likely to be bots i think dude...........bots can sometimes access restricted areas when a board's integrity has been compromised.

13. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

That sounds very reasonable. And the number jumped a bunch at once each time it went up.

14. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

Kudos goes to the silent Crack Team/Person/Admin/Web Guy who got the site back up quickly this time around.....

We all appreciate the extra attention that was given this time to make a speedy recovery..

Great Job Guys..

:good:

15. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

Yes! It's running beautifully!