Staff Training Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ladybbird, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

As there is no staff training section as there is on other sites, I have started this thread to help all the new staff and older ones, if needsbe

My first question I want to clear up is,,,,,,

On the redirects if we leave no redirect how can the op put the thread right and then we move it back again??? On my other sites once you select no redirect that's it, you cant move it back, it might be different on this site, can you?? I dont want to take a chance and then find out you cant.

Thanks

PS. Hope I have used the right icon!!!

[​IMG]

2. when we click leave no redirect and its moved go back into the thread (where you moved it) and mod tools move thread its just the same as moving it the first time

if that makes sense

this might make a good icon lmao (joke)

[​IMG]

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I need training from the lovely ladymod, he he.

Yeah, I realise that redirects are usually left around on other (usually smaller sites)......this place gets messy enough as it is without mass amounts of redirects getting in the way.

You only have to look at all the old threads in sections to see what I mean by mess..........there will never be enough staff here to clean the site up completely as things are now lol.

I completely understand what you are saying though Ladybbird.........but looking at the big picture I don't think leaving redirects around (even for a limited period) is worthwhile.
    Members should have enough brains to figure out what's going on most of the time, and ask questions, and apologise when they realise they've done the wrong thing or whatever.
    The vast majority rarely communicate at all.......so all I can really say is, meh.

4. im in total agreement

[​IMG]

5. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

No it doesnt, can you speak Gaelic? or was that it? LOL
    I meant when you click on the absolute leave no redirect button, can you move it again on here?

Tooooooooooo funny, I clicked on the edit button to reply to you on your post instead of the quote button, hence the edit by me Omni.. I need my coffee!!!!

6. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Yes, you can move a thread around as much as you want.
    Remove, move it elsewhere, move it back to where it was........ that's why I think redirects aren't very important atm, considering the larger issues, I mean.

Threads have been linked to by members when they get moved.......they can be investigated, fixed or whatever and moved back.
    It's only when a thread has been deleted by a staff member on purpose (which should never happen unless the smods are pruning the bin or garbage) that a thread will vanish from the database completely........and the pruning doesn't happen for a while after a thread is created, so if a member is regular and actually contacts staff in a civilised manner the matter can be dealt with if needs be.

Sorry to be boring.

7. epic lol

i like the picture though

red -admin
    turqouise stupidly not blue - smods
    green -us mods

8. nickbek

nickbek New Member

proper post icon added . bin with warn next time . damn people day after day no icons , wrong sections . new rule added for infractions !!!!

So Ladybbird gets a >>>[​IMG]

9. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

You have a surprise coming,,,,,,,,,,,, I will bide my time and get revenge............

10. da da da..................................

11. nickbek

nickbek New Member

damn .. an Irish redhead is gunning for me

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

is gonna get you catch look out lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

He will be coming after you now Omni, cos you duplicated your thread so watch out. Don't worry I have your back, don't be scared.

Tut, tut, catch you are such a bully~ maybe if we all have a collection so you can get your teeth done you would be a happier person

[​IMG]

14. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

spankings?

where?

15. duplicate post deleted and

are the spankings free ????

16. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Another duplicate post?

:D lulz

17. ha ha its not me page timed out then there was 2 grrrrrrrr

18. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well guys it was catch that suggested the spankings so maybe he has "turned" a little,,,,,,,,,,,

19. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Request: spanking session from dominatrix plz.

You can use a taser if you wish :p

20. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Ahhhhhhhh so now we know what you do in your spare time. LOLOLOLOL