Sticky threads: members are pissed and I don't blame them

Discussion in 'Archive' started by deadlegion, Dec 20, 2010.

1. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Along with all the major retarded problems we have here, some mods seem to be competing against one another to see how many threads they can sticky in sections.

If you have a heap of sticky threads, please unsticky most of the older ones or I may just have to go ahead and do it myself.

Act like mature people please, and not like a bunch of teenagers.

2. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Which sections are you talking about Dead that members are complaining about?

I know I was very annoyed at ARNT at stickying a thread that I had received reports about, one member even posted on his thread that they couldnt hear the movie, quality was so bad. I checked it and it was right, it was terrible. I moved the thread into the staff uploads with a message to ARNT to reup. He moved it back into circulation and stuck it again, totally ignoring the members.

I sent you, itisjust and catch an email about it. This is an abuse of his Mod Tools. Looks like catch was right, it was wrong to take on a member of staff that had been banned on more than a few occasions. Makes a mockery of the rest of us,,,,,, I apologise to the other staff for defending him and asking to give him a chance, looks like that was a BIG error.

3. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Have a look at all the sticky threads in the MKV - Mp4 - Rmvb Movies section....mostly from one mod.

Also (and I'm not usually one to question what admins do on a site, but I feel compelled to point this out).......there are many sticky threads in the tv section :/

Members do complain from time to time about to many sticky threads.....not just on this site but any site.
    Here's just one example thread........
    http://www.forumdivx.com/help-center/1332822-regarding-stickies.html

And I don't know how many times I've received PM's here from members requesting their threads to be stickied, or asking how or why threads are stickied.

There's nothing I can do really but point out how pathetic this looks, on top of all the site issues.
    But if those mods that have stickied a billion threads of their own don't do something about it, I will.
    I don't really care if I get in trouble for it.......at least I'm being open about it and have asked nicely that it be dealt with.

It seems some staff have nothing better to do than use their status to further their own agenda........and aren't doing anything worthy of having their status.

This place is a joke, seriously.

4. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I absolutely agree with you 100%, I was only thinking the same the past few days. I thought who the heck are they?, never seen them around here helping us, but they were posting lots of threads and making them stickies. That is not right, no wonder members complain.

If you need help let me know. Maybe we should clear it with itisjust or catch first.

5. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Good grief I see what you mean in that section

6. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Off topic here, but ARNT has no idea what he's doing if you ask me, and that's not taking into account the business of his multi ID and ban history.

Have a look at this crap.......
    http://www.forumdivx.com/recycle-bi...-2011-prophet-pc-2010-multi5.html#post2094642

A member posts a game share and breaks more than one rule.
    A mod thanks him for the share but doesn't fix anything.

7. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

I have said this before and made a post in another thread about this very topic that the stickies in some sections is WAY Out of Control.... I can understand that the uploader wants to have their post at the top to get their valuable download points, but to have posts that are still a sticky that were stuck back in April??...... Come on...

I say that the stickies should last (at the most) a month for Music and maybe 10 - 14 days for the movies while they are popular...... Once the movies drop in popularity, that stuck movie should also be removed....

To have almost 30 stuck threads in any one particular section is ridiculous and should be edited... edited by the poster or by staff........... it should be done.

8. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Well, if some moderators here don't reduce the sheer amount of sticky threads they have in some sections in the next day or two I will do it for them.

Higher status staff feel free to spank me (or whatever) if you wish.......at least this is something I can actually resolve by myself even with all the problems the board has at the moment.

Can't even check for multi ID's any more for God's sake........meh.
    And I am sick to death of Vietnamese posters.

9. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well the Supermod has ruled Dead, I will help you if you need me to.

10. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

11. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

we can write a new supermod/mod rules again ..
    open new topic and write your opinions ..

12. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Thank you for your pm asking me to do this on the new rules hope, I will do it now as catch and itisjust are not on line. I did not want to follow your instructions as I am not a Supermod and did not want to step on the Supermods toes.

13. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Nice job Ladybbird.
    Gave you some rep :D

14. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Nice to see the rep button is working again. I received 4 emails with your reply in this thread. LOLOL

I am paying the price though for doing that thread, now someone is trying to make trouble for me..... the truth will out. Why the heck cant they pick on you GUYS, I bet it is because I am a girl, they woudnt pick on you lot.

Anyway I want more than rep points,,,,, my birthday is coming up, 29th December, I want flowers, chocs, some nice wine, and Brugal. That will do for now, if I think of anything else I will let you know.

[​IMG]

15. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Nobody picks on me......well, not any more anyway.
    You only have to look at my post count and then my rep to see how loved I am lmao.

Chocolate?
    I have a bad habit of buying really good stuff for people, then eating it myself.......and having to buy regular stuff on the day of the event.

I'm just terrible :p

(I don't always do that, but it has happened).

16. nickbek

nickbek New Member

Originally Posted by Ladybbird View Post
    I know I was very annoyed at ARNT at stickying a thread that I had received reports about, one member even posted on his thread that they couldnt hear the movie, quality was so bad. I checked it and it was right, it was terrible. I moved the thread into the staff uploads with a message to ARNT to reup. He moved it back into circulation and stuck it again, totally ignoring the members.
    end C&P

arnt has no business being a mod . he was banned ummm lost count . he's just here to post and thats the bottom line ,he brings no skills to site in modding and frankly he's another trouble maker leading admin along . No offense to admin . i have followed his posts on other sites and most do not like his posts . most are rip offs from other posters,I have spoken to my old friend owner of warezbb cool about him and he checked his posting history. not very good . has done the same there with more than one id .why he is a mod i dont get .we ban people like him . not give it mod status

mmmm LB birthday soon .. how many spanks can i give you?????????

17. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

arnt is our mod person ..
    please dont talk about another person ...

u know that somethings R wrong ..it is not true....

18. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

That is so sad you do not believe the other staff hope, I wish I had not deleted the pms I received from ARNT and you could have seen the truth.

19. nickbek

nickbek New Member

well its admins choice .. so be it . i have always done whats best for site and spoken the truth and my work and time i have put in here SHOULD speak for its self .I respect you hope but if you wish to believe arnt over someone who's stood by site for a long time thats your right to do so . If i was the only one who was not agreeing with arnt as a mod it may be different , but others also think he is a bad pick. check other sites where he posts and see for your self . what has he done for site as a mod ???? also to bad ip sticky was removed for spammers fake posters . while it was up we had no fake posters .. anyways peace to all and merry Xmass ... just my 2 cents

20. nickbek

nickbek New Member

just a note on ip sticky , now its gone ,spammers are back . and arnts doing nothing ... with respect catch happy holiday all