Thýs sýght ýs computer hazardous

Discussion in 'Archive' started by celebfan, Jan 3, 2010.

1. celebfan

celebfan Guest

I have been coming to this site for over a year, and for the past few months, the spam and ads have become continuously worse and worse. Now, when it is also hazardous to my computer. I clicked on the below link, and two trojans were detected. Thankfully, McAfee was installed and caught them, especially since one of them was considered a shell destroyer. That's right to the heart of my computer, people! I understand you're not going to be able to stop every one of the viruses from infecting your website, but as I said, this site has become less and less visitor friendly. Sorry, but until you police this site better, I'm going to be spending my time on other forums, instead. Too bad, because this was a good forum. However, I can't afford to replace my computer, or to spend all day waiting for a page from this site to open, due to the amount of ads on here. Have a good new year. :(

http://www.forumdivx.com/musics/201842-rocky-i-ii-iii-iv-v-ost.html?highlight=rocky

2. nickbek

nickbek New Member

just use admuncher for ie and free plugin adblocker in firefox..as for speed of site only admin can address that

3. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

It's a shame that you have to turn off AdMuncher to use Hotmail, and can forget to turn it back on. I just did another whole reinstall yesterday. Ads should not include trojans.

4. wayman

wayman Guest

Shame but i have to agree with poor chap above great site just a shame about all the adds an banners an for shure there active as i have been bounced around by them myself ' just a shame u have to instal a filter just to surf one site , it also causes major lag in loading the pages slows down the web site badly was going to post myself but u beat me to it .

I do belive that if u was to click on that little link u would soon be sent from one site to another if u did not have a filter to block the adds , it certainly slows the pages down on loading . I do understand that the banners help in paying for the upkeep of the server just a shame they also slow it down

5. nttzzjvec

nttzzjvec New Member

its just getting more and more ridicilus

6. nickbek

nickbek New Member

well you can remove adds as explained above or just dont come here

7. Nxdvxxsh

Nxdvxxsh Guest

I have been a member since the old days when the site was hosted in Turkey.
    I use firefox with noscripts and adblock. In the background, I'm running spybot, avast and a-squared.-never detected a priblem with the site
    This site does not have any trojans or any other problems.
    a few times, a poster has posted files with malware and I and other reported it.
    a poster posting malware files is not the responsibilty of the board. there are always bad guys doing that on other boards and forums

8. funcritter

funcritter Guest

I don't see any ads here or anywhere else I go on the net. Ad blockers work pretty well these days.

9. gjkunupoevg

gjkunupoevg Guest

SAme here.. I have absolutely no ads or any type of popup.. I guess if you don't like it here, you could go to one of the other billion forums out there.. Just my 2 cents worth..

10. wayman

wayman Guest

Just a screen shot for u ...

[​IMG]

Kinda throws the discussion up in the air ' what ever adds are running on the site something is not quite right maybe there is something within that could be running a script to bounce some visitors off of the site either way it rings an Alarm with my Antivirus .

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

You're using IE aren't you?
    Maybe you should stop using a browser that is a magnet for all kinds of problems and use Firefox or Opera instead.
    I recommend you use Firefox with Adblock Plus plugin.You can then block anything anywhere just by right clicking on it and selecting block.
    Also, if you have an older PC and/or slow connection, adjust your profile settings here to disable user avatars, signatures etc.
    I only have an ADSL 256/64 connection, but this site is fine for me, and always has been.
    You should always scan anything you download from anywhere first before using it anyway.

Cheers.

12. wayman

wayman Guest

Thanks for the Tip i use net 9 have used firefox in the past with the add ons ' as for my spec Quad with 6GB of DDR Dual 980gtx 4 Tega on sammy Drives '

Recently reformated an never got around to jumping back onto the fox but if it,s Net 9 throwing up a ton of shit onto my browser then i may jump back onto it ,Sorry for the alarm if that's the case .

13. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

No problem dude.And good to see you didn't take anything I posted as personal.......I always try to help if I can, even though I get straight to the point and may seem a little harsh sometimes.

Peace.

14. wayman

wayman Guest

Way to old to bite on what is writtten your advice is sound as i have run Firefox on here in the past but since my Jump from shista to W7 just havent go around to sorting the minor tweeks ' it,s cool as cuecumber i won't kill u in your sleep :eek:k:

15. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

You were running Vistardation before you moved to 7?
    It was really bad, wasn't it? I had it on one of my spare rigs a while ago, then decided to format and have a play with some Linux distros instead.
    I'm probably old by most people's standards (here) as well, I don't bite much......only when I get cranky, heh.
    Also, I hardly ever sleep anyway ;)

16. wayman

wayman Guest

its cool two old farts in a pod fella i'm no spring chicken myself ' as for vista what a bag of shyt that was glad that when i bought it i got the W7 ultimate thrown in for nothing kinda made up for it ,W7 runs rings around vista drive speed was unreal on it .