The Day of the Locust (1975)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by essays, Apr 16, 2009.

1. essays

essays Guest

Plot: An art director in the 1930's falls in love and attempts to make a young woman an actress despite Hollywood who wants nothing to do with her because of her problems with an estranged man and her acoholic father.
    John Schlesinger

Dual audio: Russian/English
    First Track: Russian dubbed over English
    Second Track: English only
  2. essays

essays Guest

75 l@@Ks and not a word? Hmmm....:cray:
  3. Nxdvxxsh

Nxdvxxsh Guest

thanks for sharing this classic

I saw this movie when I first came out more than 30 years ago-it's EXCELLENT​

there are two separate audio tracks. audio track two is the English language one.
    for easiest playback, use windows media player classic

there are also English language subs in the rar file which are not necessary
  4. essays

essays Guest

Thanks Tiopete!
  5. spooky2k8

spooky2k8 New Member

Jul 22, 2012
  6. Topsy52

Topsy52 Guest

Cheers Essays. :drinks:
  7. gecko

gecko Guest

Parts 1, 4 and 9 are missing...
  8. murray

murray Guest

my thankz essays
  9. gecko

gecko Guest

Hmmm.... people keep thanking for this post. Am I the only one having trouble with this? As I said above, parts 1, 4 and 9 are not valid for me. I get errors that the addresses are invalid. Can someone confirm that they have been able to download these?
  10. Topsy52

Topsy52 Guest

Hi Gecko, downloaded this yesterday evening, no probs, good quality copy, just needed to stick it through Virtual Dub to get it in English only. :drinks:
  11. bruiser1

bruiser1 Guest

I don't know about the others, I cannot get files 1,4, and 9.
  12. gecko

gecko Guest

That's really strange. Seems like it must be a DNS issue. On parts 1, 4 and 9 I get an error saying that ”“ could not be found. What does not make sense is that I actually have access to 2 separate ISP's with different DNS servers, and they both say the same thing. I can download all the other parts just fine. And I have even tried from 2 different computers! :no2:

OH, and I just saw above that someone else is having same issues. Any chance those parts could be reuploaded?
  13. gecko

gecko Guest

I can't either. Others are saying they can. Seems like some sort of DNS issue for some of us.
  14. gecko

gecko Guest

Well I just downloaded this movie from another site. Thanks anyway.