The Rapidshare Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bayu_inzaghi, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Rapidshare discussion topic!

Here you will be able to talk all about the latest news with rapidshare, discuss all changes and anything else to do with the site.

If something changes with rapidshare (for example, a new layout or new download limits), don't make a new thread to tell us - simply post in here.

This thread is not an excuse to spam. All rules still apply here.

2. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

Lets start. As we all are aware of the latest hit on rapidshare, i actually have no alternative, but in order to make a start i choose megaupload. btw. we do have a similair poll about this one, lets say this one is another version.

The first poll:
    Code:
    http://www.forumdivx.com/general-discussion/130964-rapidshare-vs-megaupload-quick-comparison-amp-poll.html

3. nickbek

nickbek New Member

i'm looking at hotfile .. what are the differences between Megaupload and hotfile ? speed for ups and downloads etc

4. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

MU is excellent for free downloaders, and it has excellent speed.
    It's always baffled me why more ppl don't use it really 'cos you don't need premium to get resume.
    Thats what ppl should take into account when choosing a filehost.......speed and resume for all downloaders.
    There are other filehosts that have good dl speed as well......RS is good, but it only has resume for premium users :/

5. glasblok

glasblok Guest

I always liked to use hotfile next to RS. I use also MU, ugotfile or fileserve if offered. They have a very good performance for free users.
    What I hate to use is uploading. That hoster is useless for all I tried it such far. On all downloads that I tried I never got more than 40-50 kbps on uploading.com.

Which brings me to a question: I was astonished to read that ugotfile is not in the list of allowed hosters and therefore automatically prohibited. Why is that?

I used ugotfile a couple of times now and was surprised of the very good performance.

6. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

Eh? ugotfile isn't prohibited dude.......there just isn't a post icon for it (like some other filehosts).

Maybe a petition thread should be created to ask admin to swap the RS.de icon for another filehost?
    I mean > RS.de doesn't exist anymore lol

PS: i noticed you talking about "good performance for free users" but made no mention of resume function (which is important for many ppl in the world).

7. hi guys i got this email yesterday just thought id share it
    (it can be view properly on rapid news)

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/news.html
    New product and pricing models make RapidShare as flexible and low priced as never before

As of June 29, 2010, RapidShare is changing its product and payment models. In future, the costs for RapidShare accounts will no longer be tiered according to time period; instead there will be five packages with differing features. These packages will be paid for with a new currency known as "Rapids". In order to grant our customers maximum flexibility when choosing the type of package, they will be able to switch between packages on a daily basis and hence select the features that suit them best at the time.
    All previous Collector's accounts will be automatically converted into free Premium accounts on July 1, 2010, thus making it still possible to use the RapidShare service without charge.

What is actually changing: pricing model
    RapidShare is launching a new currency: Rapids. This will allow users to take up various packages from June 29, 2010.
    Rapids can be acquired in the following increments:

Prepaid funds
    400 Rapids € 4,99
    1.000 Rapids € 9,95
    2.000 Rapids € 19,90
    5.000 Rapids € 49,75
    20.000 Rapids € 199,00

Many users will already have Rapids in their accounts from the start as both the remaining days in existing Premium accounts and unused traffic share will be converted automatically into Rapids. For each remaining day, the user will be credited with 20 Rapids. For example, if there are 10 days left in a Premium account, the user will receive 200 Rapids. Each GB of traffic share will be converted into 5 Rapids.
    Any accumulated Free- and Premium-RapidPoints can also be converted into Rapids until July 6, 2010. Altogether, 5,000 Free-RapidPoints and 5,000 Premium-RapidPoints equate to 600 Rapids; 50,000 Free-RapidPoints and 50,000 Premium-RapidPoints will give 6,000 Rapids.
    A maximum of 50,000 Rapids can be obtained by converting existing RapidPoints, traffic share or the remaining time on a Premium account.

What is actually changing: product model
    These modifications will not change anything for Free Users. Owners of previous Collector's accounts will receive free Premium accounts, enabling them to manage their xxxxxxxx files in the Premium Zone. Downloading and storing are just the same as for the previous Collector's account.
    Users who have Rapids can choose from five types of fee-paying package. What is special about these packages is that every user can turn the features off and on to suit their needs from day to day. In this way, we hope to offer our customers an even better service and, above all, much more flexibility than before.

Name Price / day Storage Traffic / day Filemanagement Directdownload Foldermanagement Verification Licence Manager Licence Manager+
    RapidSmall 4 Rapids 10 GB 1 GB x x
    RapidMedium 20 Rapids 50 GB 5 GB x x x
    RapidBig 78 Rapids 200 GB 20 GB x x x x
    RapidSupersize 229 Rapids 600 GB 60 GB x x x x x
    RapidBusiness 449 Rapids 1200 GB 120 GB x x x x x x

* RapidSmall For the RapidSmall package, users pay 4 Rapids a day. This gives them 10 GB of secured storage and a daily traffic volume of 1 GB. What's more, they can take advantage of file management and direct download features.
    * RapidMedium Those who opt for the RapidMedium deal get, in exchange for 20 Rapids a day, 50 GB of secured storage and a daily traffic volume of 5 GB. In addition to file management and direct downloads, users will be able to manage their data in folders.
    * RapidBig Holders of RapidBig accounts have access to 200 GB of secured storage and a traffic limit of 20 GB. Along with other RapidMedium features, in this version users will also be able to have their account verified. The RapidBig package costs 78 Rapids a day.
    * RapidSupersize With the RapidSupersize account, users receive 600 GB of secured storage and 60 GB of daily traffic in return for 229 Rapids a day. As an added feature, users will have the ability to sell their own files via the Licence Manager.
    * RapidBusiness With RapidBusiness, commercial customers benefit from being able to store and grant others access to even greater quantities of data for 449 Rapids a day. In addition to the features of the RapidSupersize deal, customers will have access to Licence Manager+.

Plus, business customers can receive targeted offers on request.
    If users load their account with Rapids through payment or by converting RapidPoints, Traffic or remaining time, they will be set up with the smallest package (RapidSmall), with the option to upgrade at any time.
    All features of the new model will be explained in further detail on June 29, 2010 on rapidshare.com.

so there you have it new rs new system im not quite conviced it be a good one though

omni

8. agollaNab

agollaNab Guest

I got my notice also and I'm not sure what it means. After winning their lawsuit, they will become more aggressive and more rich. I've had an account with RS almost from the beginning and can say I never suffered any loss. Somehow, I think any change they make will be in their favor, not ours.

9. fatimakhan

fatimakhan New Member

Home Page:
    i personally went with hotfile. rapidshare cancelled my account 2 months after i did a 6 month renewal and also about 2 weeks after i payed extra so i could download more. they really got me good.

10. sucks man they also got me so good like a month ago a renew my account ...also the blocked my collectors account ....RS:triniti:

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

RE: hotfile sux.
    Unless you have premium of course.
    Anybody voting for it is just interested in posting lots of HF links and making money imo (based on some observational data).
    Sharing should be about sharing........any profit should only be an added benefit for uploaders, not the main reason they use a filehost.
    The amounts of money to be made via any filehost are small anyway.......certainly not good pay for all the work involved in posting shares on sites according to rules.

Of course, many ppl in the world just use filehosts that pay out, and use posting software to spam their links world-wide........selfish behaviour for sure.

Choose a filehost with decent speed and resume for all downloaders and you're doing the right thing.

12. rs are officially dead i personally know a large amount of rs users that cancelled today after rs put me and alot of others on a rapidsmall account i t takes 4 rapids a day and you ony get 1gb ive made my complaint i will use it till it runs out

this is my rs account overview now :(

Login alias: omnislash2006 Used storage: 982 817 KB
    E-Mail: not telling ya Files: 13
    Rapids: 217 Rapids/Day: 4
    Server time: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:46:53 GMT Traffic left: 1 000 MB
    Free RapidPoints: 10 145 Premium RapidPoints: 1 153

this sux 1gb a day i officially hate them

R.I.P. Rapid Share

ps im going with megashare now

13. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

As up today they switched the premium accounts to the new points regulations.
    Anyone understands how the new points even work :S ​

14. there isn't even an option to upgrade how many rapids a day they take it all depends on how many you buy if you buy 400 you get put on rapidsmall and so forth the more you buy the more rapids they take the more traffic limit you get this email just in from rs

omni

so it appears that if you dl more than your meant to rs will upgrade and take more rapids automatically !

15. bayu_inzaghi

bayu_inzaghi New Member

Guys anyone know how to save your remain points??

- This new rule wont lets you create a new account when converting your points. Instead that he recharges your points in the same account.

- And what happens if you convert your collectors account to an free premium account, like when he asks when you login.

any ideas, i am getting frustrated :s

16. MrGonzo

MrGonzo Guest

Hi

I'm new here but I was wondering...

In this new model (and correct me if I'm wrong) I say go for the "RapidsBig" package which gives me 1000 rapids, which cost 78 "Rapids" a day to use the premium services. So what? 9.95euro only gets me through 15-20 days, then I have to repay? WTF!!!

From where I'm sitting a one time monthly cost seems better!?

I'm from Canada so if I were to go to the "RapidSuperSize" package, which is 19.95 Euro, that like what $35/month Canadian??

Also does anyone know if RS's "Happy hours" are stopping? From 2AM-10AM CET?

Please ANYONE who knows about this or can clarify some things I'm not understanding, please explain.

Thanks

17. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I think the whole business of extending your existing account/ create new prem account using free/prem rapidpoints was being stopped on July 1st (its that date here where i am atm).

I think the old remaining points get converted into the new scheme automatically........but i am probably completely wrong about this :/

18. no dead you are correct all point will be converted automatically into rapids so no new accounts .......................just one continueous hell that is rs

19. everything that rs had that made them a top file host is gone
    no more points
    no more free accounts using points
    no more happy hour
    they have throttled my speed all day :/

goodbye rs and frankly good riddance

20. yfs1

yfs1 Guest

Anyone have any idea how you delete the stuff you xxxxxxxx? Ive tried the file manage but it won't let me...So now its eating up all my "rapids" because it is forcing me into a big plan.