This is a Nightmare - Some Suggestions To Make Life Easier

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ladybbird, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I dont know why all these threads were moved, I have checked them, after Zorba pmed me and they were ok
    I have opened them and moved them back. If this was wrong for some reason let me know why please

Zorba's threads

Little Boy Blue (1997)

http://www.forumdivx.com/recycle-bin/1022551-little-boy-blue-1997-a.html

Southpark - All Seasons (1 - 13) Uncensored

http://www.forumdivx.com/recycle-bin/64830-southpark-all-seasons-1-12-a.html

The Gilligan's Island - Complete 3 Seasons

http://www.forumdivx.com/series-tv-...ns-island-complete-3-seasons.html#post1885418

This one was moved into Mod special area by deadlegion and dont know why

http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-special-area/1024874-johnny-bravo-posted-request.html

Many others also were moved in there with no reason, they should either have been moved into
    Recycle Bin or Garbage. I have moved some into the recycle bin but left a redirect in case deadlegion had reason.

There are a lot of mistakes, as I can see, and since I started here as a Mod I have had pms from members wanting to know why their threads have been moved when they are good.

I check all and some need refixing so should be in recycle bin and some have to be binned, but also some are ok and have been moved without anything wrong with them, as far as I can see. Staff never seem to post
    on those threads why the threads were moved. I have never known this before on any site and I Mod on 3 big ones and have been a Mod for years.

No disrespect to anyone, please be sure of that. But this has caused a lot of work to put right,
    PLEASE could I ask, when staff move threads, could you please post on them and let others know why they have been moved. It doesn't help other staff when they have to work blind and maybe there is something I and other staff have missed that was wrong with the thread. This would certainly be a big help,
    especially to me as I am such a newbie. LOLOLOLOL.

Thanks guys, hope you do not mind my comments, I am only trying to help
    make all our lives easier. I have stuck the thread to give all staff a chance to read it and post their thoughts,
    as to whether my suggestions will help.

Thanks

Neden bütün bu konularý taþýndý bilmiyorum, ben kontrol ettikten, Zorba beni pmed sonra ve onlara açtý ve onlarý geri taþýndý ok idi. Bu nedenden dolayý yanlýþ idiyse Zorba's konularý Little Boy Blue (1997) http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-central/moderators-central/recycle-bin...ue-1997-a.html Southpark - All Seasons (1 lütfen neden bana bildirin - 13) Uncensored Gilligan's Island http://www.forumdivx.com/moderators-central/moderators-central/recycle-bin...ns-1-12-a.html - Komple 3 Sezon Gilligan's Island - 3 Seasons Bu Mod özel alana taþýndý Komple deadlegion tarafýndan ve niçin Johnny bravo, çoðu da talep tarafýndan da orada hiçbir sebep ile taþýndý yayýnlanmýþtýr bilmiyorum, onlar da Geri Dönüþüm Kutusu'nu veya Çöp taþýndýðýný olmalýdýr. Ben geri dönüþüm kutusuna biraz hareket var ama bir yönlendirme durumda deadlegion sol nedeni vardý.

Görebildiðim kadar hata vardýr bir sürü, ve çünkü burada baþlamýþ bir Mod I üyeleri neden onlarýn Konularý zaman iyi taþýndý bilmek isteyen PMS oldu.

O kadar geri dönüþüm kutusu ve bazý binned olmak zorunda olmalýdýr refixing ihtiyaç deðil, ayný zamanda bütün ve bazý kontrol bazý ok ve onlara bir þey yanlýþ olmadan taþýndý, bildiðim kadarýyla görebilirsiniz. Çalýþanlar bu konularý neden Konularý taþýndý Doðum sonrasý gibisin. Daha önce herhangi bir sitede bu bilinen hiç var ve 3 büyükler üzerinde Mod ve yýllardýr bir Mod olmuþtur.

hiç kimseye hiçbir saygýsýzlýk, emin ol lütfen. Ama bu iþ çok doðru koymak neden oldu, LÜTFEN ben, ne zaman personel taþýma konularý, sen onlara sonrasý misiniz ve diðerleri neden taþýndý bildirin sorabilirsiniz. Diðer personel de kör ve çalýþma belki orada ve diðer personel yanlýþ iplik oldu kaçýrmýþ bir þeydir var yardýmcý olmuyor. Böyle bir newbie olarak bu kesinlikle büyük bir yardýmcý, bana özellikle olacaktýr. LOLOLOLOL.

Teþekkürler çocuklar, benim yorum don't mind, ben sadece tüm hayatýmýzý kolaylaþtýran çalýþýyorum umuyoruz. Ben tüm personel bir þans ve düþüncelerini yazýyý okumak vermek gibi olsun benim öneriler yardýmcý olacak iplik sýkýþmýþ var.

Teþekkürler

2. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Just to add Donators are complaining that their status is not changing when they donate and their pms about it are not being replied to

3. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

A mod is not going to move a thread without reason and they don't just move themselves. My thought would be to let them be where they are. If the poster asks, just tell him it was moved for whatever reason and he should repost it. We don't have enough to do without going back and undoing what's already been done???

Apparently Little Boy Blue was moved because it didn't have the right post icon. So you just caused catchmeifucan to have to change the icon. It should have stayed binned.

Southpark has the wrong post icon. It should have stayed binned.

Gilligan's Island has the wrong post icon. It should have stayed binned.

As I said, there is a reason why posts are moved. Please don't undo any more.

Johnny Bravo has the wrong post icon, too. It was moved to Mod special area because the poster is a supermod and that's where we were putting those things a while back to give him a chance to fix it.

I think it would be proper for YOU to be the one to move all of those posts back to where they were.

I'm not so sure about posting in every thread that's moved (can move many at one time), but when editing a thread the mod should definitely post the reason why. He/she is changing what the original poster did and we should all know what was changed.

4. the johnny bravo was a thread created by pisko for me and deadlegion jb is epic

5. ryfaba789

ryfaba789 New Member

Oh, and it's not likely that mods are going to add a reply as to why they move a post (especially when moving several at a time from the same poster). Most don't even give a reason for giving an infraction in the 'Administrative Note' area for other mods to see...as important as an infraction is. I see some that say 'hope90' or 'posting rules'. That is no help at all. It would be nice to know why someone received an infraction so we can see if he/she is repeating the same thing over and over.

AND WHY WAS THIS STICKIED AND IN MODERATORS SPECIAL AREA???

Unsticking and moving to Moderators Central.

6. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

It would be a big help if staff would help others out by posting the reason. I had to check 25 threads the other day when I received pms as to why members threads were removed. This causes extra work, to check out who modded and try to figure out why,,,,,,. It is impossible sometimes to answer them as to the reason when we dont know. On some of them I had to move them back as there was nothing wrong except icons, which I put right. To me it seems very harsh to move them into garbage or recycle bin for small things which could easily be put right, when the thread is otherwise good and the op is a regular.

It seems such a shame that staff dont have the camaraderie on here that I have on staffing on other sites. You are a nice bunch by the ones I know and this site is crazy busy, we should work together and have a laugh sometimes in the staff area. This would create a much better atmosphere to work in. It is a tough enough thankless job sometimes to Mod so at least we could try to enjoy it a bit, dont you think. The atmosphere seems so formal. So there!!!! and if the smilies were working I would stick my tongue out.

[​IMG]

What do I get now foto, 100 or 1000 lines.

I must not be cheeky I am a newbie

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

7. lmao lines just like school

8. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I feel like I am back there sometimes,,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

9. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

It was posted by pisko back in May about changing Display Icons for New members and sending PM to ask them to post properly.... I tend to fix icons and titles and move threads for newbies if their post count is under 10 and PM or give Warning infractions with reasons...

However if it continues then they go to bin and closed with no more PMs...

To Each thier own I suppose...

10. LynnePBaker

LynnePBaker New Member

Not to worrie Lady ..your new and each site has its own way of doing things ...you will catch on

11. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Thanks, you are entirely right and that is the correct way to Mod. I was trained years ago by the BEST, as you know. All this moving threads into garbage and the recycle bin unnecessarily is damaging this site and detering good uploaders and potential donators. Our job is to Moderate, not persecute and punish without good cause. There is too much heavy handedness with those Mod Tools.

As you know I am in touch with Xanax and Hope on how to improve the site and correct stuff. Hope is on holiday right now though. I will not be bullied nor intimidated by some that want to do it their way when it harms the site. I would not have taken the job on without giving it my best to show the site is run properly and not harmed in any way. I maybe a newbie on this site but I am most certainly am not a newbie in Modding.

I will continue to work the correct Modding way and correct incorrect icons and such small things like that but post to ensure the member know his faults, Gee it only taken a few seconds. If he/she continues posting incorrectly, then that is the time to be schoolmaster. I was astonished at how many threads were moved by daft stuff like that. Think how long it takes these guys to make those threads and they are binned sometimes for silly things like wrong icons. How disheartening and will certainly discourage them from donating and coming back on here with more threads and we want this site to be the best dont we? I have received pms from some members that have donated and are happy with the actions I am taking to correct their little mistakes without binning them and posting to let them know on their threads. This must be done otherwise how will they learn and correct.

I will email a copy of this thread to Xanax and Hope and if they think I am wrong then it is for them to tell me. Being a SuperMod is just a title, for me respect is earned by actions not titles and I certainly respect you itisjust4fun without a doubt.

You are a nice bunch and I am pleased to work with you, so do not take offence at my thread I only want the best for us all. I have also recommended to Xanax and Hope that we need a staff training area, so everyone will learn and improve and we can all work together then and maybe this "formal coldness" will disappear and we won't lose so many good staff. I hope this is taken in the good spirit in which it is intended.
    I do not wish to appear Miss Bossy Boots, on the contrary I am a very kind person and itisjust4 fun knows that.

PS I have also let them know the faults we have on the site.

Lack of Email notifications to staff,
    The same PMs and reports repeating themselves over and over being sent to staff by emails,
    ICONS there are some missing that are important like Xvid,
    Smilies are not working
    Members Avatars are not working

I have restuck my thread, leave it alone foto, it is not polite nor correct modding procedure to alter a staff member's thread/post without consulting/pming them beforehand. I want to ensure everyone finds this including Xanax and Hope. Thanks.

Sayesinde, tamamen haklýsýn ve Mod doðru yoldur. Bildiðiniz gibi ben eðitimli yýl önce BEST tarafýndan oldu. çöp içine Tüm bunlar hareketli konularý ve gereksiz yere bu sitede zarar verdiðini geri dönüþüm kutusu ve iyi uploaders ve potansiyel baðýþçýlarýn detering. Iþimiz Orta için eziyet deðil ve iyi bir sebep olmadan cezalandýrmak olduðunu. Çok fazla o Mod Araçlarý aðýr ellilik olduðunu.

Eðer ben Bildiðiniz gibi Xanax ve Hope ile temasa nasýl site ve doðru þeyler iyileþtirmek için. Umut tatile anda aslýnda. Ben olmak zorbalýk etmemiz söz konusu deðildir bu site zarar ne zaman biraz kendi yolunu yapmak istiyorum tarafýndan korkutmak. Elimden gelenin en iyisini site göstermek için o vermeden düzgün ve çalýþtýrýldýðýnda herhangi bir þekilde zarar görmez iþ almýþ deðildir. Belki bu sitede bir newbie ama kesinlikle Modding bir newbie deðilim.

Ben doðru Modding þekilde ve doðru yanlýþ simgeler ve ancak post üye yaptýðý hatalarý bilmek saðlamak gibi böyle küçük þeyler çalýþmaya devam edecek, Gee sadece birkaç saniye sonra çekilir. o yanlýþ, o zaman ilanýyla devam ederse o zaman öðretmen olmak. Kaç Konularý böyle aptal þeyler tarafýndan taþýndý de þaþýrdý. ne kadar zaman ve bu konularý yapmak bazen yanlýþ simgeler gibi aptalca þeyler için binned olan bu adamlar alýr düþünün. Nasýl ve cesaret kýrýcý kesinlikle baðýþ ve buraya daha konularý ile gelen ve en iyi dont biz olmak için bu site istiyorum onlarý vazgeçirmek olacak? Ben baðýþlanan ve mutlu onlara binning olmadan ve onlarýn konularý hakkýnda bilgi vermek ilanýyla kendi küçük hatalarýný düzeltmek için alýyorum eylemleri ile bazý üyelerin PMS aldýk. Bu baþka türlü nasýl öðrenecek ve doðru yapýlmalýdýr.

Ben Xanax ve Hope ve bu ipliðin bir kopyasýný e-posta onlar yanlýþ o zaman onlarý bana söylemek için önce düþünüyorsanýz. Bir SuperMod sadece bir baþlýk ise, bana saygý için eylem deðil baþlýklarýna göre kazanýlýr Varlýk ve kesinlikle bir þüphe olmadan itisjust4fun saygý duyuyoruz.

Güzel bir demet ve seninle çalýþmak için memnunum, o yüzden thread 'i sadece hepimiz için en iyisini isteyen darýlmak yok. Ben de Xanax tavsiye ve Hope ki herkes öðrenecek çok ve geliþtirmek ve biz hep birlikte daha sonra ve belki de bu 'resmi soðukluðu çalýþabilir,' yok olacak ve biz çok iyi kadro kaybetmezsiniz bir personel eðitimi alan gerekir. Bu içinde hangi o amaçlanmaktadýr iyi ruhu içinde alýnýr umuyoruz.
    Ben ve çok nazik bir insaným itisjust4 eðlenceli bilir aksine Miss Bossy Boots, görünmesini istemiyorum.

PS I bunlarý da biz sitede var hatalarý bildirin var.

personele E-posta bildirimleri eksikliði, ayný PMS ve raporlar defalarca kendilerini tekrar çalýþanlarýna e-posta ile gönderiliyor, simgeler var biraz eksik olduðunu Xvid gibi önemlidir, Ýfadeler benim iplik restuck var çalýþmýyor, Üyeler Avatars çalýþmýyor yalnýz foto býrakýn, o nazik ne / post danýþmadan / önceden onlarý pming bir personel üyesinin iplik deðiþtirme prosedürü Modding doðru deðildir. Herkesin bulur emin olmak istiyorsanýz bu Xanax ve Hope dahil.
    Teþekkür ederiz.

12. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well hallo again you, been hiding? Useless I will find you!!! LOL

There is no difference in the way to Mod and the rules of Modding on any site. I have been and still am, staff on a few and often asked to join staff on others, which I usually decline, believe in giving my all to help so not enough time. Titles and status dont affect me, even "bribes" to become admin.

Now then, where is that payrise you promised me? xx

13. nickbek

nickbek New Member

gotta love Ladybbird.. she brings new life here.. anyways . .if i move a post to bin or trash and leave no reason . it's because it has no post icon . live links etc . obvious reasons . if i trashed a post with no explanation check posters history and you will see why .

14. LynnePBaker

LynnePBaker New Member

I mod much like catch...look and you will see...LOL

15. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I havent got time to do all that, I am still washing your dirty smelly socks.!!!
    How hard it is just to say reported fake or similar. If it is evident then I wouldnt be asking.
    But one has to be careful here, members can sometimes be spiteful to other uploaders and report fake
    when the links are fine and genuine.

I have had that happen, I had already downloaded and the movie was good. Yet the report said fake.
    Obviously when we can see there is something wrong no problem, but otherwise when it looks ok I am stumped. It is wrong to trash just for an icon.

I am such a sweet calm innocent newbie you know........

[​IMG]

16. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Bend over,,,,,,,

[​IMG]

17. LynnePBaker

LynnePBaker New Member

Is that a promise or are you teasing me ...lol

Anyway i dont know about you lady but i havent the time nor the bandwidth to download every post reported as fake. As far as replying to threads i bin ...I Do!

Regards
    Mike

18. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Dont talk to me about internet. Look where I live. Today has been a day of hell here

I call them Dominican days. Stressed out.. No electric, no water, internet and phone went down, they wiped all my credit from celphone, thennnnnnnnnnnn the bally inverter caught fire. OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY DAMMMMMMMMMMM auntie Nora. I was so hot I was dizzy, no way to cool down and it was in the nineties.

Anyway I didnt mean check links I meant many threads are trashed just cos they havent got icons, this is dreadful, they are good otherwise. For sure this will deter uploaders, yesterday I saw about a dozen from the same uploader all trashed for that reason. I will gladly put the icons on and move them back. This is not right.

Anyway I would rather do that than make the coffee, as I am the newbie you know.......

19. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Just to add, some are trashed when there is really no icon available for them to input, like in applications etc. Here is a good example;

http://www.forumdivx.com/e-books-amp-tutorials/1169724-beginning-regular-expressions.html

I had asked itisjust for guidance on stuff like this but that thread couldnt have an appropriate icon as there is not a Hotfile icon. Just like the Xvid threads, so why should the ops be punished for that and have their threads put into garbage?

20. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

It would be good for additional host icons to be added... Hotfile, Megashares, Megaupload, Fileserve are gaining popularity and should be added.. This has been mentioned before and it should be an easy add-on..