Want to LOSE all your Rapidshare points?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bronn, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Bronn

Bronn New Member

If you have a Rapidshare premium account you should take heed:

There are some people who post downloads merely as a way to trick you into giving them your Rapidshare account info. When someone posts the download code as hyperlinks, YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE THE LINKS ARE ACTUALLY GOING. Some pinhead with the name Warezpower has done this many times in the past 24 hours. His links go to to a bogus login page, but if you look at the the actual URL that displays in the lower right when you mouse-over a link, you'll see it's just a dummy phishing page.

Yes, it happened to me too... so live and learn.

2. Redael

Redael Guest

Do not click on the links!!!
    Type the URL in manually and you get to the file in the post.

3. winningless727

winningless727 New Member

you are very right .I am mod of this section but i sometimes miss this bad users.So i advise all user dont download any links if it is not in the code .In the code you can see where links belong to.

Thanks for advice

4. armspark

armspark Guest

tell me about ireported it last week,clicked on one of his links and went to a page with two discs one for free users and one for premium accounts,soon as i clicked on this it wanted username and pass,Don't think so,i hope he's been banned for life.Love to find a virus to send him and wipe out his system,(PRICK)

5. armspark

armspark Guest

Checked out my posts and this guy put a post for Windows Vienna Logon,the new windows setup,there is another bellend eater called hichawarez who's just done the same post but scotsdavy1 binned it yesterday,be carefull of this TWAT aswell,any guess which country they're from,(check the username and it jumps out at you)have a good weekend

6. darklighterrr

darklighterrr New Member

how about we protect the other members by auto codeing any urls that are posted.
    this will stop these stupid ass phishers from their lame attempts to get loging info for preimum hosts like RS MU etc...

7. moved here as it is an announcement after all, and a good one

8. MarmotMom

MarmotMom Guest

That dude (Warezpower) got my rs info and took over my account about a month ago, changed my account info and downloaded a bunch of stuff (11 gigs) I contacted rapidshare and they fixed my account, changed my password. I went ahead and started using an alias on my account and so far no more trouble. Makes me raving mad I pay for something and some @$$ comes along and just takes it....

9. wb7x0q6k

wb7x0q6k New Member

yep that person WARTZPOWER tried that on me to, too bad NORTON stopped
    him HA HA...........................

anyone should be alarmed when you go to download a file(when already signed in) and you are asked for your user/pass id again......................................

its ashame people do this.............................

:triniti:

10. girlracer265

girlracer265 Guest

thx for the info that happened to me earlier.
    how do you change your password on rapidshare?
    oh its ok i worked it out

11. fabianledes

fabianledes New Member

RS has started using a new locking mechanism on accounts. But that does not negate the need to verify login URL. Also* RS will never ask for login info a second time once a user has logged in at the main page.

I've also been ripped by those bas**rds.
    Recommend secure lock and pass change every few weeks.

:shout:

12. I'm greatful for this info too. Thank you :)

13. Snip3r.

Snip3r. Guest

code all links.