Why is hotfile so slow?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by danneh90, Aug 30, 2009.

1. danneh90

danneh90 New Member

I paid for hotfile premium membership but it was a complete waste of money.Using Internet Download Manager it takes me 24 hours to download a 200 MB file!!!!With rapidshare it used to take about 3 minutes.
    Am I doing something wrong?I have no idea why it is so slow and have emailed them with my complaint.

Andy.

2. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

They have always been slow

3. sickofdtv

sickofdtv New Member

sounds like you d not have your idm set to heavy mode.
    I use free download manager and it has 3 modes, light ,medium, and heavy

Go to your options or settings and adjust.

When downloading free sucks I know that, about 5 times slower than rapidshare.

Just tried, lol. Forget them.

But if you are premium, they claim unlimited, so raise cane dude

4. usladyshoe

usladyshoe New Member

you have to sent a lot of e-mail to them. I think you have to sent 20 e-mail everyday. Then they have to give answer to you.

yes your are right about free user. I am using IDM and download speed is fast ...

but sometimes it become slowest ever ...

5. danneh90

danneh90 New Member

I did get a reply from hotfile after sending them 1 email.This is it...

Hello!

When you download from our site, please be sure you don't make other downloads (for example from torrent sites, other downloads and etc). If you make multiple downloads from other sites/places all your download speed is shared between each download and this will cause you slow download from us.

Be sure also that you're logged and then to start download, because free users (or not logged) got capped download speed.

We don't limit download speed for our Premium users and if you download speed is slow this could be also your ISP issue.

If you still have slow download speed - please send us link you try to download and get slow download speed. We will check it asap.

For testing your download speed from our servers, please download this file:
    Code:
    http://hotfile.com/data.bin
    And report us what speed you get, we need this to check where could it be a problem.

Regards,

Code:
    http://www.hotfile.com
    They are telling me stuff I already know but at least I got a quick reply from them.As far as trying different settings as armey suggested unfortunately IDM does not have any light,medium or heavy user settings.The highest download speed I'm getting is about 50KB/sec which is painfully slow.What have I learned from all this?I should have stayed with rapidshare!!!!Thanks for your comments.

Andy.

6. ascotman

ascotman Guest

I have a premium account and have exactly the same problem - many hours for a small download.

When I complained to Hotfile, apart from getting the exact same response by way of a "form" email, the only thing I got was a refund...!

I also use IDM who say it's a Hotfile problem and not theirs...

Anyone have an answer?

7. gol666

gol666 Guest

I'm so angry !!!! I have a download speed of about 50 kb/s for all the links i've tested. What a &?%/&"%!

I just wrote a email to Hotfile.

One chance i've suscribed only for 5 days.

I want a refund.

8. BloodLusT.

BloodLusT. Guest

wtf holy cow i get 29mbps on my server from hotfile dre is a prob wt ur isp fr sure !

9. galeman

galeman Guest

I am using FreeRapid Downloader for HF and many others as free user, not the Premium one, and everything is fast except at Storage. So I avoid it's links... :read:
    The RS is not slow but usually overcrowded and I have to wait late in the night European time for downloading... So, I avoid also RS if not necessary, i.e. if not the only one links... :mda:

10. feeltheforce

feeltheforce Guest

I thought it worth bumping this topic to say that after extensive attempts at communication with this company over the above problems (in my case a dl speed of only 10kb/sec for a premium account) they have failed to respond to either their supposed 'Contact' page or support email address, and after hearing a lot of similar stories on other sites and from other online contacts I can sincerely advise, without any bias, that people should AVOID THIS COMPANY!

I've had disappointing speeds from rapidshare but only as little as 200kb/sec, and on contacting them for the first time I got a non-automated reply, however I'm still impressed my megaupload's free service, so I may try their premium next, certainly for the files I'm preparing for upload.

11. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

It's a case of Hotfile being "not so hot"

12. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I use jDownloader.
    The only "link code" i ever have to input for a filehost is very rare........and only hotfile.
    All the other hosts i use can have their codes automatically handled by JD.

I always assumed cryptload could grab link codes as well.......but going by what you said here, i guess not :/

13. furu1985

furu1985 Guest

I recently bought a hotfile account, and I have been unable to add the site logins to my download manager (internet download manager). whatever file i try to download changes to a 3 GB .exe file before downloading starts.... can anyone help

thnx

14. kasunchamara

kasunchamara Guest

I get full download speed from hotfile. hotfile is the best after rapidshare. also after you send email they fix it. but they not contact you..

15. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

hotfile sucks.......it doesn't support resume for free dl's and its free dl speeds vary in many places around the world.

RS sucks if you don't have premium as well........and now with the changes to the rapidpoints system, RS is a rubbish filehost :/

16. nickbek

nickbek New Member

i have great speeds with HF up and down , compared to rapid speeds about the same

17. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

If you don't have a fast connection, then your dl from hotfile will vary in speed......and usually break most of the time.
    No resume for free downloaders means this filehost is virtually useless to anybody that doesn't have a connection fast enough to keep the dl going until its finished.
    Of course you can solve this by getting their paid service, and then you have resume.

Filehosts that don't support resume for all downloaders aren't a good idea in principle really....this is all about sharing stuff to as many ppl as possible, and therefore resume is important for all those users with slow speed or connection difficulties in the world.

18. hippee0

hippee0 Guest

same here icant work it out iv tried other download managers & they are all slow

19. Bytugxhu

Bytugxhu Guest

Hotfile is crap, I was subscribed to them as premium user and getting as low as 5kbs, when I emailed them 5 times they never bothered to answer so I let the account lapse after cancelling the recurring payment through my paypal and will never use them again they are rubbish....rapidshare is now giving everyone a good deal and you should all consider going back there....

20. faizi_shah

faizi_shah Guest

i have premium account to but i have no problem and i m using idm too...