WORST DAY YET - Couldnt Mod Today hope90

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ladybbird, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Absolute bloody nightmare today I just cant Mod I can ban then move sometimes and thats about it.
    Keep getting the message 503 server not available.

FOUR HOURS, it took me just to ban 4 persistent fake posters, who re register with similar user names every day.

I have never felt so frustrated, angry and so pissed off.

How on earth are we supposed to Mod a board like this. The spammers/fakers keep coming back
    because they know this site is an easy touch. So many have got away with it today and there is nothing I can do about them because it wont even let me change pages most of the time, same old message

503 server not available.

Took me over 7 attempts just to post this

2. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

General Discussion section is being filled with ad spam lately, I tried to deal with some of it but it's hard to do anything much atm (there are still some ads in that section).

I'm also sick of seeing bad threads created in the games section.......mostly by Vietnamese and Polish posters.............but recently there's a few spam threads being posted every few days in what looks like Russian (or a similar looking) language.

The place is always a mess whenever I try to look around, but it's impossible to deal with all the mayhem and rubbish.

Meh, I think I'll go back to just trying to concentrate on keeping the console games sub-section as clean as possible again.......the main games section always ends up having pages and pages of bad threads every single day.

3. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Same thing as yesterday. CANT MOD. It will let me ban some of them but not open a page to post in it. Same message

503 Server not available.

There are loads of spam and fake links and I just cant post on them or move them and it takes forever for the page to open. So the board is deterioting fast as we cant clean it up

4. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

lady try changing your dns setting on you connection to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 this is free google dns setting it helps when the board is starting its shit

i was able to clean the general discussion section so I'm off hunting for more crap

5. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Thanks so much Geo. I couldnt get on here before to reply but itisjust explained more fully how I could change my settings, from the advice you posted and it worked.

Thanks to you both.

6. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Thanks so much Geo. I couldnt get on here before to reply but itisjust explained more fully how I could change my settings, from the advice you posted and it worked.

I have just tried about 6 times to submit this message and it wouldnt go, I am still getting the message

503 Server unavailable

Thanks to you both.

7. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

yep. u R right ..
    we have some problems ..
    and we R workin so hard ..

8. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

glad i could help if you are still having bother try a different open dns but i know sometimes it is down to the load on the server causing it, as it still happens to me at times

9. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I have just tried about 6 times to submit this message and it wouldnt go, I am still getting the message

503 Server unavailable

Thanks to you both.

10. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

I tried so many times to post that message yesterday and it went through a couple of times. Today the problem continues, allows me to ban the fakes and move the threads but not post on them. The spammers and fakers are having a party. I cant do normal modding after I move stuff to the recycle bin to advise the ops where they have gone wrong. It is so frustrating. I see so many with faults and can do nothing about them.

Same message Service not available. Hope this goes through.

11. youngrichard717

youngrichard717 New Member

my dns :

12. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Tried both your DNS hope and the one Geo recommended. It still wont let me post on threads, so I cannot post on them to correct ops faults. When I try to open their threads it wont let me, I receive the same message below. It will let me post in reply to a pm, and hopefully on this thread in staff areas but not on the general forum.

I can ban and move threads into garbage but that is about all. Driving me nuts cos there are many threads not posted correctly and I can do nothing about them. Receiving the same message;

503 Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

No matter how many times I have tried the past couple of days I cant post or Mod correctly.

13. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Tried both your DNS hope and the one Geo recommended. It still wont let me post on threads, so I cannot post on them to correct ops faults. When I try to open their threads it wont let me, I receive the same message below. It will let me post in reply to a pm, and hopefully on this thread in staff areas but not on the general forum.

I can ban and move threads into garbage but that is about all. Driving me nuts cos there are many threads not posted correctly and I can do nothing about them. Receiving the same message;

503 Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

No matter how many times I have tried the past couple of days I cant post or Mod correctly.

I have tried about 5 times now to get this message through

14. GEOPYT

GEOPYT Guest

ther are others you could try have a look at these ones
    Code:
    http://theos.in/windows-xp/free-fast-public-dns-server-list/

15. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I use OpenDNS myself.
    Been using public DNS for ages.
    It can make a huge difference with DNS issues, but all the other problems that exist on this site will not disappear until something is actually done about them.

I haven't been here for a few days, and just look at the state of the games section (as an example).

Meh

16. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

All the movie sections are a mess also. This is crazy I cant even open a thread to check and deal with it. I can only post in the staff area and pms.

Email me dead or itisjust PLEASE and help me overcome this.

17. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Still cant open threads or post on the open forum only in staff areas and pms. Tried lots of different DNS and nothing works

18. deadlegion

deadlegion Guest

I assume you know how to change your DNS settings now.........in your network connections, Internet protocol (TCP/IP) properties (not Microsoft TCP/IP version 6) , General tab, select "use the following DNS server addresses".

Have you tried OpenDNS?

Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
    Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

19. itisjust4fun

itisjust4fun Guest

You have probably tried some if not all of these.....

But after changing the network settings, go to command prompt and type the following command to refresh network settings

** Goto Start and you can type in Command Prompt in the search box or you can go to the Accessories folder and run from there.

C:>ipconfig /flushdns

20. Ladybbird

Ladybbird Guest

Well it let me post on 2 threads today out of maybe nearly 20 I tried on. It is impossible to mod on all the faulty threads with incorrect icons/fakes/spam. I will try your suggestions itisjust and thanks